Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by toki View Post
where do I get the apn from?
I tried looking at the 'edit' thing in my connection... there aren't many options to change things..
or am I meant to call my provider (optus) and suss it out?
Look on optus support pages, or call them and ask for APN settings.

also! random question (or not so random)
does 4G consume more battery compared to 3G? (for example, 2G saves you a lot more battery compared to 3G)
so I guess the real question is.. is there any point in trying to get over to 4G?
Well, 4G does consume more power, but in my experience it is quite OK.
Is there a benefit, not for me, in my case the speed is similar to 3G, but that depends on your operator and the load on their netork.

OH and on another note re update... my phone keeps telling me there is an update for Maps.. but when I go update it, it says its already up to date
and the notification just wont go away *sadface*
I havent had that issue, but I see more reported this, so it may be for some reason. I dont know why - as I havent seen this issue.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Happy indeed. I am curious to see how this will turn out.

Will the droidapps not close all at once when I one top down (closeing gesture in Sailfish First One)?

Do we get rid of the android navigation arrows taking up screen estate?

Will the Android applications disappear form multitask view when they auto close / suspend?

Will the last killed Android application close the door on the way out and free all Dalvik taken resources for use by Sailfish?

Won't we need many more multitask windows above 9?

we can get rid of the arrows anyway, its just then we have to use applications with a set back button,

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
http://www.jollausers.com/2014/06/br...rrive-in-july/

I stand corrected.
The correction already came a few pages back, but this adds detail about what (roughly) to expect for 8, so thanks!

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-06-12 at 11:11.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
While on 4G and a call is incoming the device goes to 2G, works fine here (The Netherlands).

What I cannot get to work is 2way sync with Google calendar
Set to 2way, set to 5 minutes (for testing) on Jolla's /Sailfish, nothing happens

Did anyone get it to work ?

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Hi guys,

did a quick search on this thread, but seems no one is having this issue? (looked for 'reboot' in the search).

Anyway since this update my Jolla is rebooting too often (it wasn't before).
I'm on GiffGaff 4G, but I only saw 4G once for a few seconds in the office, then always 3G, not sure this has anything to do with it (BB Z10 was often on 4G on the same SIM.)

I also asked for the update to 1.0.7.18 (the connman hotfix), but I still get random reboots.

Where can I look for logs? usual /var/log folder?
Anything specific I should look for?

Thanks!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@anidel

mine so smooth and no reboot
i recommend u do a factory reset and btrfs recovery, then u can feel how smooth it is

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
...Jolla is rebooting too often...
Did you try the usual fix - paper under the battery?

I've never head any reboot issues with my Jolla, but this seems to help those people that do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Did you try the usual fix - paper under the battery?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp3UbZHIgAENYO8.jpg:large

I've never head any reboot issues with my Jolla, but this seems to help those people that do.
Yeah someone told me to do...will do and report.

Thanks, but before it was fine...

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Hi guys,

did a quick search on this thread, but seems no one is having this issue? (looked for 'reboot' in the search).

Anyway since this update my Jolla is rebooting too often (it wasn't before).
I'm on GiffGaff 4G, but I only saw 4G once for a few seconds in the office, then always 3G, not sure this has anything to do with it (BB Z10 was often on 4G on the same SIM.)

I also asked for the update to 1.0.7.18 (the connman hotfix), but I still get random reboots.

Where can I look for logs? usual /var/log folder?
Anything specific I should look for?

Thanks!
Same here! After the last update I am also experiencing random reboots. Yesterday I had two when tried to take photo.

I put a piece of paper to keep the battery steady and it seems to have stopped the random reboots.

Weird that the update that was supposed to solve it, actually introduce it to me...Computer science is not an exact science.

Tags
party