Hello. When I try to execute apt-get remove --purge hildon-theme-beta or other packages from the safe to remove list thread t=82641 I get something like:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
hildon-theme-beta*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 7152kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Abort.

I can't remove any of them. What do I do? I have CSSU and kernel-power installed. Changed MyDocs to ext3. Aside of that my system is basically clean. I tried to reflash, but I got the same problem again. Thank you.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by mushmushi View Post
Hello. When I try to execute apt-get remove --purge hildon-theme-beta or other packages from the safe to remove list thread t=82641 I get something like:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
hildon-theme-beta*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 7152kB disk space will be freed.
Abort.

I can't remove any of them. What do I do? I have CSSU and kernel-power installed. Changed MyDocs to ext3. Aside of that my system is basically clean. I tried to reflash, but I got the same problem again. Thank you.
Maybe locale issue...? Are you doing this by ssh or directly on device? On one of my servers due to locale mixup via ssh (server was utf-8, ssh connection was set up using eastern european windows locale) when I entered some characters it messed up the input (e.g. when apt was asking me something, it always translated to "no" on the server). Besides, when it aks you [Y/n] the bigger letter (in this case "Y") indicates that this is the default answer - have you tried just pressing "enter"? You could also force the "yes" answer by one of apt-get parameters, but I would not recommend it if you are not really experienced with apt, and this is rather a workaround then solution (and you should always first run the command without the "force yes" parameter, verify that result is what you expect, and then rerun the command with "force yes" parameter to actually run it without need for confirmation).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much! Just hitting enter instead of typing "Y" worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to mushmushi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Piazzola sul Brenta (PD), Italy
Originally Posted by mushmushi View Post
Abort.
You must answer with Y (or just press enter) to accept.. Every other answer aborts the operation