Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Although, i think there are stiil ways to use Ovi maps with maps, even from India, please try this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...50&postcount=2 , i strongly encourage to try other solutions, because of better maps (downloads) like marble, which i admit makes it more complicated to use first, but has many option to customize for personal use like bycicle, different profiles for car usage and on, and on...

Last edited by michaaa62; 2014-06-07 at 07:51. Reason: correct application name

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Map downloads are working using Nokia Suite on my N900, including India. Time to start caching them, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to PdxDoug For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PdxDoug View Post
Map downloads are working using Nokia Suite on my N900, including India. Time to start caching them, though.
I don't use Windows.

Is there any way we can do this in a systematic way and cache maps and add them to a server?

Could anyone cache European countries?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Here you find the world-maps from Nokia.
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/HERE...ht/true#M39403

Last edited by chilango; 2014-06-10 at 22:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
I used ovi maps in N900 a lot of times all over india.I have the whole map loaded into memory for offline use.But it seems now the routing does not work.Is routing also a webservice?Nokia said the maps were life time free?Then how can they shutdown the services?My E71 and E72 came with life time navigation free enabled.I should go check my symbian phones to see whether it is working.Isnt it a legal matter if a company does not provide the services it pomised to the customer?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
I just finished downloading ALL the available Nokia maps on my N9. The other day I was visiting someone out of town. Before the trip I entered my friend's address in a subdivision on my Garmin GPS, but it didn't show up correctly (street number was wrong). The N9 had no problem showing the correct address. I couldn't believe that the map on N9 is better than Garmin (I bought a life time update, and had just updated a few days ago).