Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
We of course are planning to offer a (paid) repair service, as well as warranty (6 months full, 2 years limited) as is mandatory in EU. Due to the special nature of the device (hackerbus, even NeoN board which the user swaps at home) we probably need to exclude from warranty some damages when caused by users inappropriately treating the device. We also need to find out about RMA-shipping from/to non-EU locations, might be tricky for some of them, even when we offer warranty for non-EU. IIRC our finances plans have 10% allocated to warranty repairs. Generally we want to keep our customers happy and will see what we can do to achive that To be honest I haven't thought too much about sales, shop, warranty yet.

cheers
jOERG

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
The second part of our Trilogy is there!

July Trilogy, Part II: The Present
1Gb! Fantastic!

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Athens
Finally made my donation through PP !
Really wanted to step in and help this project from the very beginning..
Well, better late than never (even though never late is better).
(o:

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Hi Joerg,
Have you seen the modem I posted there ? Is there any chance to having it the Neo900 ? If not, why ?

Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Hi Joerg,
Have you seen the modem I posted there ? Is there any chance to having it the Neo900 ? If not, why ?
Hi Astaoth!
The modem we are using is a module, not a chip. and we need to decide very early in R&D on which modem we want to support. We decided to use Gemalto/Cinterion P*S8 series, since what we planned originally turned out to be vaporware. We also need a modem that's not obscured by a proprietary undocumented (or - only under NDA) protocol. Thus there's not a huge likelihood that we will support any other modem unless P*S8 also turns out to have problems which forbid its usage for us.

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-08-02 at 15:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Say it didn't quite reach 200 devices (hope not, this is for worst case scenario), will the Neo900 ever be produced? My N900 is unusable as of now, so, (please, please, please), I hope production doesn't stop there.

How long will Neo900 work from (one) battery?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nbv View Post
Its not an Easy question...to answer becouse IT depends.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Say it didn't quite reach 200 devices (hope not, this is for worst case scenario), will the Neo900 ever be produced? My N900 is unusable as of now, so, (please, please, please), I hope production doesn't stop there.
We're close to 200 and there's no doubt we eventually will reach the 200 threshold. We're designing and building protov2 already (1500ers, please consider if you want one built for you!), and we hope to see more potential customers willing to document their dedication to order by donating, when we showcase the protov2 in a few weeks (at least that's what we hope how long it will take to get them built).
So, don't worry! Be happy, and cheerful, and don't stop supporting the project. :-)

cheers
jOERG

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nbv View Post
I think that's been discussed several times, but here it goes again: The hardware should be as power-economic as N900, maybe a bit better thanks to faster CPU (rush to idle) and also thanks to LTE (when you order - and use - LTE option). Then otoh standby times of 10 days and more are only possible on completely idle device, means that your real standby time is 99% determined by your OS and the power saving it implements, as well as the user's usage patterns (reducing backlight from max to min level roughly almost triples the standby time, for IRC etc low computational demand use).
Bottom line: I can get up to one day on IRC active usage out of one battery on N900, and I'd not at all feel happy when Neo900 wouldn't be at least on par.

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-07-20 at 06:01.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!