Active Topics

Originally Posted by 0rphu View Post
Anyone having problems with media player? When I added new music using USB and MTP, I copied the FLACs to the SD Card, but media player doesn't recognize the album/artist/songs. This used to work before, now it's just unknown artist, unknown songs with zero durations... They play, though. Anyone else with this problem?

@0rphu what OS did you use? windows or mac or Linux. At least on linux I notice that you cant transfer Flac files..... check : LINK

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
Updated! I see they changed swype effect for ambiance view. Is there a new ui paradigm coming? Or removing the last remnant of harmattan ui concept?
You mean the fact that you can no longer access favorite ambiences from the lock screen, only from the home screen?

I remember videos from MWC that showed how one of these places would be used to access "partner content" that comes with a commercial Other Half. Maybe (and I'm only guessing here) this is a first step.

After all, having the ambiences accessible from two places (three, in fact) was a bit redundant, wasn't it?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Yes, and new slide in (or over?) effect breaks off from harmattan style homescreen concept of adjacent workareas, or what is it called... And it was redundant also. My mind, too, is now free of n9-thinking when using jolla.

Last edited by veeall; 2014-07-15 at 20:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
@ahjolinna, thanks for the pointer, I'm using Linux and it worked flawlessly before last update
@nieldk, well the issue started after the last update, before that I could transfer the flac files the same way and they were integrated in the library on Jolla just fine,that's why I put it here... but this could also be caused by updates of my computer, so I'm not sure.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by 0rphu View Post
Anyone having problems with media player? When I added new music using USB and MTP, I copied the FLACs to the SD Card, but media player doesn't recognize the album/artist/songs. This used to work before, now it's just unknown artist, unknown songs with zero durations... They play, though. Anyone else with this problem?
Not with FLACs but I copied some m4a and mp3 files to my card and they ended up with the same unknown album/artist and zero duration. Other songs from the same album were added ok however.

I thought it might have been me messing with QuasarMX which has made a right old mess of my album art. I do hope CoverUp gets ported at some point.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
After all, having the ambiences accessible from two places (three, in fact) was a bit redundant, wasn't it?
It was redundant, but at least it gave the lock screen some use.

Now its even more pointless screen that needs to be swiped trough in order to get to something usefull.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
It was redundant, but at least it gave the lock screen some use.

Now its even more pointless screen that needs to be swiped trough in order to get to something usefull.
That is the point of lock screen. You swipe it away to unlock the phone. I'd like to see N9 like swipe to open notification feature on lock screen though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
i'd really like to swipe from the side to go to the last used app, like on N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
i'd really like to swipe from the side to go to the last used app, like on N9.
Was that some hack I missed?

On the N9, a side swipe in an app took you to the home layer and you never quite new which of the three panes you'd come back to. I much prefer the way Sailfish does that in that it always goes back to the multi-tasking pane.

Side swiping the home layer on the N9 just cycled through the three panes in the home layer. I'd love to see the same three pane layout, including a better Events View, for Sailfish but without the cycle round and with it always coming back to the multi-tasking view as it does now.

At some point the Events View was accessible as a side swipe also instead of ambience which would have gone some way to making it more N9-like. See https://www.sailfishos.org/core-events-article.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Was that some hack I missed?
i don't think so... when you had an app open and locked the screen, swiping away the lock screen immediatly took you to this last app.
there was no need to pick it from the multitasking view again like on Jolla.

edit: i think, you mean something else... i meant swiping the lockscreen to the side, wich brought you to the ambiances, should instead bring you to the last used app.

Last edited by Leinad; 2014-07-16 at 16:58.