Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
hey Scorpius,

Don't know how to thank you, but yappari was the reason I used my n900 for this long. I've got a xiaomi MI3 and it's now my primary phone. Am writing this note to express my gratitude for coming up with this wonderful app. Live long and prosper

The Following User Says Thank You to stunner16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I updated WhatsApp in the Windows Phone and now I can see the problem of emoji you're all getting.

Looks like WhatsApp is moving all old emojis of 3 bytes to a 4 bytes format.

I guess that I will solve the problem creating symbolic links in /usr/share/yappari/icons/32x32 and 48x48. Also the code needs a little patch to include the new codes that point to old icons.

Maybe this weekend I can do this.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Perfect, thanks
TBH, I had once tried to create symbolic links myself, then I found that the emojis are aso defined in the code (at which point i could no longer do much).
THanks for your effort

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
Hi, my n900 arrived a couple of days ago, I can tell it's a particular phone, expecially if you have used other OS for years, anyway I've bought it for curiosity and I've met some difficulties to configure something, one of these it's Yappari, I think to have done everything but it don't connect, it didn't asked anything about log in and I'm not able to see any option about that, as you can see I'm really noob, but I'd like to see a comprehensive guide to configure Yappari without bother anyone.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Piazzola sul Brenta (PD), Italy
Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
Hi, my n900 arrived a couple of days ago, I can tell it's a particular phone, expecially if you have used other OS for years, anyway I've bought it for curiosity and I've met some difficulties to configure something, one of these it's Yappari, I think to have done everything but it don't connect, it didn't asked anything about log in and I'm not able to see any option about that, as you can see I'm really noob, but I'd like to see a comprehensive guide to configure Yappari without bother anyone.
Comprehensive guide?! It isn't so difficult
Did you bought it used? Try to reinstall Yappari

Yes, I've bought used, but there wasn't Yappari on it, I've installed, but I don't know how to log in.

Yes, I've bought used, but there wasn't Yappari on it, I've installed, but I don't know how to log in.
Just run Yappari it should ask to register your phone number.

What happens when you run it?

Nothing special, I see the page where to create a new chat, no login option in menu. I haven't done anything after installation, so maybe I miss something important...

Nothing special, I see the page where to create a new chat, no login option in menu. I haven't done anything after installation, so maybe I miss something important...
That means somebody else used Yappari before and you're using his/her account.

1.- Quit Yappari through the Yappari menu.

2.- Load: X Terminal

3.- Type exactly this:
Code:
rm -r .yappari
rm -r .config/scorpius
4.- Enable your network. You have to have an Internet connection in the phone.

5.- Start Yappari again. It should ask you to register your phone number.

EDIT: By the way looks like you haven't used WhatsApp before in any other phone? There's no button to login: It's always logged in (it should say so in the bottom part of the window or in the systray).

I have used whatsapp in Android and Blackberry phones, Whatsup in my N9 and Mitakuuluu in my Jolla, but never Yappari, so I don't know what exactly I can found inside it
Giving first command in x terminal in root mode I have this error: cannot remove "yappari" : No such file or directory.
I'm sure I have installed it, strange....

Edit: same result for second command.

Last edited by akira.pwr; 2014-08-14 at 15:43.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp