Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
How do you manage to disable tracking on startup Estel?

On my phone, Modrana tells me that 'logging is OFF' but the counter is counting up relentlessly the whole time, appended to the filename I gave to my last tracklog. No amount of clicking the STOP button will make the timer stop counting up. It's reading almost 11 hours now on my phone.
Well, that's actually working as intended (and it always worked like this) - it is updating the filename suffix (the timestamp after #) so that you known how the filename would look like if you start logging. It does not mean it is logging and you can safely ingore it.

BTW, I agree this might be a but confusing - anyone against dropping the timestamp update and just appending the timestamp to the name once you press the start button ?

Or adding an option to just append a counter ( like (1), (2), etc.) if a given tracklog already exists ?

Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
I'm sorry for noob question, what do I do for using Modrana as a navigator after installing the app? I've downloaded the map, but don't know where I have to put them or make it working on Jolla phone, the guide is for N900 (coming soon anyway)
For offline routing on the N900 just follow the modRana offline routing guide. As for Sailfish OS - modRana does not support routing and turn-by-turn navigation os Sailfish OS just yet, but the peaces are slowly comming together.

Actually as for what's needed/what's the current status:
Code:
* online routing provider - in core - AVAILABLE
* t-b-t implementation - in core - AVAILABLE
* offline routing software working on Sailfish OS - routino - DONE
(Monav can't be used on Sailfish OS due to missing support for working in a Qt 5 only environment, also the upstream is dead and both the routing and data generation code is bitrotting rather badly.)
* support for using routino as a modRana routing backend - work started
* parsing routino results - TBD
* routino data generation support in modRana data repository - TBD
* routino data pack management - TBD
* Sailfish OS/Qt 5 routing GUI - TBD
* Sailfish OS/Qt 5 turn-by-turn GUI - TBD
* TTS system for spoken directions - Nieldk reported some success with running espeak on Sailfish OS, so in progress :)
As always, patches or other help is very welcome and can really make a difference in when this feature reaches usable state.

Flock 2014
I'll be on Flock (the europen Fedora conference) 2014 in Prague this week, so I might be a bit slow to react to questions. BTW, any other Maemo/MeeGo/Sailfish people going to Flock ?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Android_808: optify problem concerns ttf-unifont. Put stuff concerning it into #1624 post.

I did want to optify them separately since the beginning of the problems. ttf-unifont uses the short debian/rules ( dh $@ ), so the question is: how to set different override for dh_gencontrol in binary-arch and different for binary-indep. ALternatively, if I knew how to get the name of thee current target executed, I could make an if block and call optify only if binary-indep is being called.

about mapnik: modrana uses 2.5, so I'm sticking with 2.5. BUilding with gcc 4.7 and thumb toolchain with the same configuration of the rest works perfectly. MY guess would be that it mixes up some tools from gcc4.6/binutils2.22 and gcc4.2/binutils2.18.

what's the DEB_BUILD_ARCH step for?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-08-11 at 09:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
To detect what platform (armel or i386) your building for.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Announce: ttf-unifont is there in extras-devel. In fact, only unifont-bin required optifying - /usr/share/fonts is optified anyway in the filesystem.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I've noticed something strange, that I've always forget to report:

For some reason, ModRana on-line routing via google provides different result, than one we get while using google maps on Android devices OR maps.google.com via any system on any device. I suspected that options re highways and toll roads may be affecting it, but it doesn't.

Sadly, the route suggestions that we're getting with ModRana->google routing is *always* worse than one from maps.google.com - many times, to the point of suggesting completely absurd routes.

No idea what causes it - maybe something about API changed? Could you check it, MartinK?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've noticed something strange, that I've always forget to report:

For some reason, ModRana on-line routing via google provides different result, than one we get while using google maps on Android devices OR maps.google.com via any system on any device. I suspected that options re highways and toll roads may be affecting it, but it doesn't.

Sadly, the route suggestions that we're getting with ModRana->google routing is *always* worse than one from maps.google.com - many times, to the point of suggesting completely absurd routes.

No idea what causes it - maybe something about API changed? Could you check it, MartinK?

/Estel
I need to drive a bit in the next few days, so while planning routes I've now tried 4 different routes and compared them, got same results via modrana and maps.google.com ("examples" contained both short distance route and three >500 km ones). Maybe I was lucky but I think that providing example 2 addresses (departure and destination) that give different result via modrana and gmaps would help to reproduce and debug the issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Roger that, will try to do it this late evening (EU time). BTW, I just forget to mention, that maps.google.com/google maps on adroid seems to offer few possible routes, while ModRana offers only one. Might have something to do with it... Although, the "default" proposed route from maps.google.com/android google maps is usually the right one, where ModRana's (via google's routing) one seems to be something completely different.

Tested only in Poland, for both short and loing routes. As said, will try to reproduce again, and post exact examples.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I can talk to the guy doing the server side, how hard would http://www.icecondor.com/ support be to add?
would be cool to have android compatible realtime location share.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
BTW, I just forget to mention, that maps.google.com/google maps on adroid seems to offer few possible routes, while ModRana offers only one. Might have something to do with it... Although, the "default" proposed route from maps.google.com/android google maps is usually the right one, where ModRana's (via google's routing) one seems to be something completely different.
Oh, right, I totally forgot about that :O Does modRana even have GUI for that? I think that Mappero (if I remember correctly) had a GUI to choose between alternative routes, but I've used it so long ago last time that I might be wrong... That would be a superb feature either way.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Oh, right, I totally forgot about that :O Does modRana even have GUI for that?
Currently, no. It would be nice to have, indeed, unless it's impossible via google routing API.

I sincerely hope that MartinK will find some time to chase those annoying cairo-related crash bugs, too - I tried to do so, a little, but ModRana is waaaay above my level.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps