Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by FAN"9"user View Post
well thankyou brother...
i tried back to back flashing...for open mode...but i cannot keep lock on my N9..also the facebook account keeps asking password whenever i boot up

please help
There is one known drawback of Open Mode on N9, and that is that device lock does not work on Open Mode. (however there is a correction to that problem: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92465)

As for facebook account asking for password, this means that you probably did not do the back-to-back flashing quick enough; If the device does boot between the flashings, then you get to this state.
There are 2 solutions to this problem:
  • either you need to do back-to-back flashing again
  • or else you can try to delete the aegis keys from your home directory (but this may not rid you of all the problems)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
For most of cases removing accounts and .accounts folder is enough. newly created accounts will have new keys and save passwords.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There is one known drawback of Open Mode on N9, and that is that device lock does not work on Open Mode. (however there is a correction to that problem: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92465)

As for facebook account asking for password, this means that you probably did not do the back-to-back flashing quick enough; If the device does boot between the flashings, then you get to this state.
There are 2 solutions to this problem:
  • either you need to do back-to-back flashing again
  • or else you can try to delete the aegis keys from your home directory (but this may not rid you of all the problems)

I successfully installed NITDROID and Sailfish on my N9.thank you very much for guidance.

NOW
Another problem i am facing is i cannot use GPRS data on NITDROID(process.com.android.phone has stopped working) popup comes on Alpha 5 build and i cannot connect to cellular network

Similar problem is faced such as INSERT SIM on SAILFISH OS

I cannot connect to cellular network in both OS but i can in Meego

HElp needed please

The Following User Says Thank You to FAN"9"user For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Another problem i am facing is i cannot use GPRS data on NITDROID(process.com.android.phone has stopped working) popup comes on Alpha 5 build and i cannot connect to cellular network
Well Nitdroid is like that I think. It is still experimental; not very complete and lacks some important functionality.
There exist some patches/tweaks I think that help with some problems.

Similar problem is faced such as INSERT SIM on SAILFISH OS

I cannot connect to cellular network in both OS but i can in Meego
Hmm, it's a while since I booted into Sailfish/N9 but as far as I remember there was no SIM problems with my device.
On Nitdroid there is the requirement that you have to have the PIN number of your SIM card disabled, because Nitdroid has not got the unlocking part implemented, but on Sailfish that should work fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well Nitdroid is like that I think. It is still experimental; not very complete and lacks some important functionality.
There exist some patches/tweaks I think that help with some problems.

Hmm, it's a while since I booted into Sailfish/N9 but as far as I remember there was no SIM problems with my device.
On Nitdroid there is the requirement that you have to have the PIN number of your SIM card disabled, because Nitdroid has not got the unlocking part implemented, but on Sailfish that should work fine.

I have disabled PIN on my sim still the problem exists

Your GPRS data used to work all fine on N9?

on both nitdriod and sailfish you need to go to settings and enter your APN data MANUALLY.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
on both nitdriod and sailfish you need to go to settings and enter your APN data MANUALLY.
On Nitdroid, yes, but was it also so on Sailfish? Could be, cannot remember.

it required for both systems.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
I did manually configured the APN.
I resolved "process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" by clearing cache of phone app from settings(found soution from google)..

but still when i try to call it says SIM ERROR or NETWORK ERROR

so, it means sim error or network error. nitdroid working fine