Active Topics

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
The stripey ambiences are what you get with the white and first one other halves so they are in fact working although they've now changed the snow ambience to have a spotty pattern. Yes, they're ugly.
I didn't know that Snow White Ambience was originally stripes. ... And now I searched for Snow White ambience in tjc, it really was as intended, I really couldn't believe it! And The First One was similar to Snow White except in different colors... I wonder If they have updated that ambience too or is it still those ugly straight vertical stripes...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I didn't know that Snow White Ambience was originally stripes. ... And now I searched for Snow White ambience in tjc, it really was as intended, I really couldn't believe it! And The First One was similar to Snow White except in different colors... I wonder If they have updated that ambience too or is it still those ugly straight vertical stripes...
The First One ambience is same as it has always been, no update there.

I thought I'd report some problems i've had lately here to see if someone has had the same issues/has a solution to it.

I noticed my phone getting considerably more sluggish during last few weeks, mainly when texting/calling/browsing contacts. To a point of being almost unusable. Now I finally found the issue, on contacts beginning with + - # and ( there are thousands of random numbers (facebook contacts etc.)

Complete reset seems to be obvious solution since there is way too many numbers to delete individually, and manual deleting doesn't even seem to work right now for some reason.

I'll report if the reset worked when i have the time to do it next week, any other solutions are also appreciated.

took a few days for my phone to get to Jolla(reboot issues), and a few days later its been sent back. They said its been repaired, I asked how they haven't replied. Am wondering if such a quick turn around meant they just replaced it?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@m4r0v3r
Jolla repair service usually takes 2-3 days at most. You can check the status and what has been repaired/replaced using your phone IMEI here: http://www.kirjaahuolto.fi/huollontila/haku.php
(if you haven't)Read this: https://together.jolla.com/question/...rranty-repair/
Jolla's standard solution for reboot issue is clean battery contacts, install pillow, replace battery. That is what was done to my device and since then(13 days) - no reboots.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@m4r0v3r
Jolla repair service usually takes 2-3 days at most. You can check the status and what has been repaired/replaced using your phone IMEI here: http://www.kirjaahuolto.fi/huollontila/haku.php
(if you haven't)Read this: https://together.jolla.com/question/...rranty-repair/
Jolla's standard solution for reboot issue is clean battery contacts, install pillow, replace battery. That is what was done to my device and since then(13 days) - no reboots.
Ah I see, well as long as its fixed. I just had enough of using a wedge, it was very annoying and impractical at times.

edit: damn it they havent changed anything in regards to the battery, only the sim reader which was also having trouble.

According to that page anyway

edit again: got my phone back, to my surprise, no random reboots or any issues whatsoever, pretty happy

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2014-09-11 at 21:04.

hmmm i play music with the headphones in and it played out of both the speaker and headphones, obviously I didnt notice till way into my bus journey lol, not quite sure how to recreate the bug as a restart fixed it

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ England, UK
A month and a half on:
  • The system nag to connect to the internet, even when the browser isn't open, is annoying.
  • The screen should not turn on whenever I unplug my earphones, or when I adjust the volume.
  • The screen auto-rotation has stopped working (I should probably report that on together.jolla).
  • I have a USB hub that has a direct 12V connection to the mains. Whenever I turn off my PC, the Jolla stops charging despite having power from the hub, so I have to disconnect reconnect the wire each time. That should not be necessary.

Last edited by Paspie; 2014-09-30 at 21:10.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
I also have had annoying "nag" about connecting to the internet all the time, this was especially a problem in Japan where I deliberately wanted to keep my mobile data and wlan off because of conserving battery, but every single time I open an app like camera it would pop up the "internet is off, turn on wlan" window on top. If I want to use internet I can turn it on myself thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
its mostly annoying when using an AGPS app after a lock has been found

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience