Active Topics

hi guys,

my twitter client fetched wrongly-aligned twitter contact picture..

how do i clear the twitter's iamge cache?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Twitter app keep profile image caches at /home/user/.cache/data/twitter/profile

You can clean up through terminal or filebox

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
hi dickson, thanks for the response, it indeed clear the image cache..however, my image still not aligned well..got empty white spaces.......any help on this?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Sometimes i also have such problem. The bug seem to be cause by the app itself, not the cached image

Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
Sometimes i also have such problem. The bug seem to be cause by the app itself, not the cached image
thanks dickson! your name resembles character in Xenoblade Chronicles anyway!

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
thanks dickson! your name resembles character in Xenoblade Chronicles anyway!
Xenoblade is a great game. I'm looking forward to the new one on Wii U next year.

You can use this command to clear the cache:

rm /home/user/.cache/data/twitter/twcache*

and there's a help app called ProfileMatic that you can set to run the command every so often.

This is a translated version of the workaround from russian Maemo/MeeGo/Sailfish community on 4pda:
1. Go /home/user/.cache/data/twitter/profile and find a folder named as the first two letters of your twi login (example: for twitter login KoltyshevNV it's a folder named Ko, so it's case sensitive).
2. There are files named like $LOGIN_bigger.png and $LOGIN_orig.png (where $LOGIN means your login). The file you want is $LOGIN_bigger.png, delete it (you can simply check it by opening).
3. After that you should play around with standard twi app (I opened my twitter profile in the stock app, then clicked on my avatar to see the original, whereas 4pda advises just to post anything). You will see you normal avatar in the app.
4. This is VERY IMPORTANT! If you ignore this step, your avatar will break again some day, so to prevent it you should do the following in terminal:
Code:
devel-su
#rootme
cd /home/user/.cache/data/twitter/profile/YOUR-FOLDER
chmod -w $LOGIN_bigger.png
where YOUR-FOLDER is a folder you've found in the first step of this instruction and $LOGIN is the same as in the second step.

Since this moment your twi avatar on the feed page will be normall (note that your avatar for previous tweets will NOT be 'repaired').

I think, this is clear enough

Last edited by zxcvbnm3230; 2014-10-28 at 20:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post: