Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
much quick, so news!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
much quick, so news!
OLd news and small update!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
OLd news and small update!
Might be small update but I asolutely love it!
See, I just noticed this fixes one of the most annoying bugs in the device, which leaves only the browser-mis-hitting-link bug out there!!

After 1.1.0.39 conman fix my WLAN does not disconnet any longer
I can happily leave WLAN on for hours, and when I ssh to the device it is reachable!
Even after I went out for a run for 30 minutes with my device, when I came back it automatically connected to my WLAN and is still connected

I'm so happy!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
See, I just noticed this fixes one of the most annoying bugs in the device, which leaves only the browser-mis-hitting-link bug out there!!

After 1.1.0.39 conman fix my WLAN does not disconnet any longer
I can happily leave WLAN on for hours, and when I ssh to the device it is reachable!
Even after I went out for a run for 30 minutes with my device, when I came back it automatically connected to my WLAN and is still connected

I'm so happy!
will check it out, so far making the device always-responsive to ssh ruined the battery life (forcing no sleep), this is great news

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I liked also that Jolla has accepted a patch from a 3rd party and *quickly* deployed it on the field.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Will this be released to all in Oct?
I'd doubt it. Read on for why.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone know what process jolla using for dev. Qa. Builds. Release?
Development internally focuses on an "always green" master (relatively speaking. Sometimes it breaks, but that's hopefully rare, knock on wood.) In practice, this means that internal development builds are basically always reflecting the master state of git repositories around the place. Developers mostly run this.

At some point during the development cycle, things are branched off to create a release (because, well, you need to settle down and make things sane and have some control over what is going to be released). QA happens on this level, and release candidates (internally) happen off this at a regular rate.

Once things are deemed good enough (no known blockers open), then things get pushed out for public release.

In practice, this means that there can be multiple release tracks ongoing at a time. For instance, while one update is maturing for release, the next is already generally cooking in the development tree.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I'd doubt it. Read on for why.

Development internally focuses on an "always green" master (relatively speaking. Sometimes it breaks, but that's hopefully rare, knock on wood.) In practice, this means that internal development builds are basically always reflecting the master state of git repositories around the place. Developers mostly run this.

At some point during the development cycle, things are branched off to create a release (because, well, you need to settle down and make things sane and have some control over what is going to be released). QA happens on this level, and release candidates (internally) happen off this at a regular rate.

Once things are deemed good enough (no known blockers open), then things get pushed out for public release.

In practice, this means that there can be multiple release tracks ongoing at a time. For instance, while one update is maturing for release, the next is already generally cooking in the development tree.
Thx, Sounds good as long as jolla using master plus one RC. Too many will indeed be a mess its obvious that its More difficult for jolla to push to public nowdays. Monthly releases seems no longer valid.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-26 at 15:37.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Ok, so there is an optional release but any news on the official one from any sources. My late October date has long since gone, next guess is 28 November.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Got another question. For Whom the phone hangs on for 5-6 seconds and continues. Actually, in any application (Sailfish + Android).

Last edited by cvp; 2014-11-04 at 07:57.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
check [btrfs fi show]
check [free]

Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update