Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Yes Nokia dont can made Nokia Phones but they can design the next Jolla Phone and anounce an official Joint Venture with Jolla. Nokia also like to tell us "a new think".
And together they can prepare the comeback from Nokia in 2015.
Also on Palm important people going out of the company for diferences about Strategy and they found Treo and cretae the Handspring, after a Time Palm buy Treo.

Hopefully the result were here to stay with Open Source Meego/Sailfish and they let participate the comunity. I know iam dreaming

Well, why would they partner up with a third party? You know that the phones are the only source of income for Jolla besides of investors... I hope they manufacture their own phone, else they will get more expensive
Every manufacturer can already make use of sailfish v(hak) so why split the bill?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I didn't say stop making phones or other devices period, I said at this point in time yet another form-factor (namely tablets) isn't a good idea.
Better that their long running mantra of wanting to get partners on board the "Sailfish Alliance" is finally upheld, & they have partner doing it.
Ideally it'd be a phone though, not a tablet, but beggars can't be choosers...

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Been reading a lot of ifs & buts on this thread lately. Do people really think their opinions matter when the event is two days away?

Just relax and watch things unfolding

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Well it's a discussion & speculation thread, exhibit A:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Let the rumours begin
Folks are free to express their views, not entitled to their own facts, but opinions are 'par for the course'.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Been reading a lot of ifs & buts on this thread lately. Do people really think their opinions matter when the event is two days away?

Just relax and watch things unfolding
Opions always matters. This forum is built on opinions That is what brings the humans forward...

Also, look at all the cool images/proto community came up with. Just have fun til the reality hit you in the face.

Just relax and keep speculating until things unfolding

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-17 at 08:18.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
What exactly is Finnish design? If "Finnish design" is what resulted in the first phone, they can shove it.
Oh come on, even with the ridiculous amount of copying that goes on in China, there's still a clear aesthetic difference in design, colours, material choices between what gets designed in Finland and elsewhere.

I've had zero problems with the current Jolla. The only design issue I have is the flat glass screen sat in plastic sat in metal - too many shut lines.

Anyway, it's ridiculous to try and engineer even some of it themselves ... they'll just end up with a hugely compromised device with poor quality components from a low quality OEM, that cost them more time and money - like the first time.
Totallt disagree. The issues some people have had, not me, not all, are surely more to do with the accelerated timeline they had having to switch from their original platform and first product issues.

Exactly what is wrong with taking a well engineered Chinese phone with high quality components and just giving it a different case? They can make the case look however they want.
That's what they did the first time. Now they have the time to tefine their design.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
For the pleasure of the discussion:

something big can be a number :P = the number of sold Jolla phone (I honestly do not believe it much)

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
What exactly is Finnish design? If "Finnish design" is what resulted in the first phone, they can shove it.
Probably a matter of taste (trying to be polite), but the Jolla phone is really a remarkable work of art IMHO. While all other phones look alike, it shows how you can do something very different, yet still aesthetic and very functional. Using both the Samsung Galaxy and the Jolla phone, I have to say the Jolla isn't only prettier but a lot better to hold in your hands.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
something big can be a number :P
No. A number cannot begin.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bulks