Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi dirkvl. I'm about to select component colors and was wondering what material the wood finishes are made of. Are they a synthetic wood? A wood veneer with gloss coating? Something else? Thanks!

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
If I missed ordering one, can I still order?
yes, via funkyotherhalf.com

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi dirkvl. I'm about to select component colors and was wondering what material the wood finishes are made of. Are they a synthetic wood? A wood veneer with gloss coating? Something else? Thanks!
real wood made by Lastu

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Now that the campaign is over, any opinion on this?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...75#post1445775
I meant like after production, we have a lot of work ahead and these kind of things are of lower priority then sending everyone their keyboards.

Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
So what the signature is like? I would have liked some pictures. Can I choose what the signature is? Info on this would be nice.
it will be something like the engraved handwritten names of the team, we have no pics yet. no custom engravings.

Originally Posted by jesper View Post
As I understand it, a white base material with coloured/painted top-coating is used (probably with the exception of the alumide selection where the base material is mixed with aluminium powder and thus of homogeneous colour and unpainted). correct

I am looking for a product with as good finish as possible. Therefore, I see a risk with a painted surface prone to scratching or peeling. And with a base material in contrasting colour the wear and tear might soon be very visible. yes, but you can order the casings separately later on if you want to replace it

Given this I think the polished white option is the safest bet but it is quite boring. Alumide would be another alternative but all alumide products I have seen so far has had a very rough, uneven, surface texture. we use polished alumide, which actually has a very smooth and metallic surface

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
So what the signature is like? I would have liked some pictures. Can I choose what the signature is? Info on this would be nice.
I second this. Not the part about the custom signatures, I know they are not possible. But what size/where will it be?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Do you have a link where the various layouts are displayed in detail, with a clear link to the choices to make in the Kickstarter survey? I would like to be sure I choose the right one!

You probably want people to choose the right one from the start too, or there will be a lot of administration, so perhaps the survey should have links to the images of each layout.

One more question in regards to the wood backplate. What kind of finish does it have? Is it a polymer coating of something like that or the wood with no coating? Thanks!

Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
Do you have a link where the various layouts are displayed in detail, with a clear link to the choices to make in the Kickstarter survey? I would like to be sure I choose the right one!

You probably want people to choose the right one from the start too, or there will be a lot of administration, so perhaps the survey should have links to the images of each layout.
the survey is unfortunately a bit spartan.. wazd, can you post latest keypad layouts here?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
One more question in regards to the wood backplate. What kind of finish does it have? Is it a polymer coating of something like that or the wood with no coating? Thanks!
first post after you asked

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Order in! Thanks again for giiving my Jolla phone a new life!

uch... latest proto has contacts completely reversed... but for a proof of concept

this is all i can physically show:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
The kickstarter page had Scandic, but no Finnish as a layout.
Does the Finnish layout having the scandic (זרו)?

Kickstarter: stealth, qwerty, qwertz, qzery, scandic, cyrillic and diy.
The reward survey email use: Qwerty, Qwertz, Azerty, Cyrillic, Finnish and Stealth.
Any updated link for kbd layouts?
Looking forward to my TOHKBD.

Last edited by hhbbap; 2014-12-06 at 15:24.

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
uch... latest proto has contacts completely reversed... but for a proof of concept

this is all i can physically show:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fjm8ad23j9y...1206153516.jpg
Just entered my desired colors.

oh and: Vodafone NL <3

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd