Active Topics

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ California
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Last christmas we got a phone...this year? Nada. Not even update 10 or info about update 10.

and no snow either. What a shitty year
Hahaha

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
However much people are crowing now will be nothing compared to the furore if they release it full of bugs then go on holiday. That said, can has opt-in plox?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to get Android on my Jolla?
Android is much better than Sailfish OS.
I'm kinda frustrated with Sailfish OS (Customer care is ZERO!!! NO INFO,NO NEWS, NO UPDATE,NOTHING NEW, THERE IS NO MORE NOTHING!!!)

I think Sailfish OS means Selfish OS, they are ALIKE

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Zoloo View Post
I'm kinda frustrated with Sailfish OS (Customer care is ZERO!!! NO INFO,NO NEWS, NO UPDATE,NOTHING NEW, THERE IS NO MORE NOTHING!!!)
Well of course it's your opinion.. And it might be the truth that android is 'better' but thats a very personal question. Nevertheless what you're stating isn't quite right.

Customer care is in my opinion very good. Asked them a lot kf questions, and always got the answer or information within the next day. Exemple: I asked them about the shared google calendars which aren't displayed by the native calendar. They informed me very well where the problem is and that they're working on it.

No info/news: thats something i think we all were a little disappointed about at the beginning. But in the meantime, they worked on that point of critic. Best example for that: the post on TJC about the current state of the update 10. (By the way.. together.jolla.com is a good site if you're looking for information and news from jolla / about jolla and sailfish os)

No updates / nothing new: haha that is a good joke. Lets count updates on amdroid in the last year: some bugfixes kitkat and lollipop were released? (Not sure if kitkat was released within end 2013 / 2014?!)
Updates sailfish os: https://jolla.com/updates/ read it and you will see that there were a lot of updates and new features.
I don't want to compare sailfish os with android just because of the fact that android exists some years longer than sailfish os and android is made by google which have money to wipe the a** of every dev from android.

So if we look at those facts i would say, that jolla is doing a very very good job with sailfish os in relation to their ressources. and i'm sure that they're working very hard to satisfy their users. All we have to do is: being patient and see what the future brings. But if you want to leave our community and dont want to see something new grow up and become a very interesting and indeed very unlike mobile OS then feel free
(I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, writing such a text on a smartphone is hardcore )

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to d0n_Egg1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
NO INFO,NO NEWS, NO UPDATE,NOTHING NEW, THERE IS NO MORE NOTHING!!!)
Eh? No update? WTF is this, then?

https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-of-update10/

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-12-16 at 15:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I think Sailfish OS means Selfish OS, they are ALIKE
Funny because Marc Dillon actually pronounces it as 'sellfish OS'.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Statements like this get people banned around here!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Funny because Marc Dillon actually pronounces it as 'sellfish OS'.
selfieOS...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
How about Jolla then... It seems that only Finns are able to pronounce it correctly [jolla], not [yolo] or [jola].