Active Topics

-dies- so pretty~

some videos cannot be played, though. Is the manga lists included, too, btw?

and how are you able to go from videos to my library? .o.

and yeah, there should be a filter on your list, e.g. Plan to watch, on hold, currently watching, dropped, etc. *w* Would be epic if it's on tabbed form for efficient access~

Posts: 217 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Indonesia, Banyuwangi
Even I can Not login to my Account

It's quite alright here, with me, i'll give some screenshots

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Well, I've been more interested in apps that actually perform as much of their work as possible locally; I don't really see a lot of value in an app that just acts as a front-end to a website. (This was the original drive for me to create Pierogi; I couldn't see any reason why you wouldn't want to just include all the keyset data with the app itself.}

I'm thinking that, in terms of raw data, the full catalog of Anime titles is fairly static. I've certainly gone over the list at ANN often enough to know it almost forwards and backwards now. I could see maybe constructing an XML file (or, if necessary, an SQLite db) with some basic info on the existing list of Anime titles, and maybe updating it quarterly to include new releases each season. Perhaps downloading a thumbnail picture on demand from one of the websites, when the user wants one; I'm not sure how much space would be required to host a full set of thumbnails locally...

Anyway, it wouldn't be hard to maintain local metadata, such as lists, rankings, and reviews for each anime. Also, I've gotten some experence pulling down RSS data lately, so it'd be easy enough to collect Anime news from all the major websites. I'm not entirely sure how much effort it would take to incorporate some of the more social aspects of websites like MAL; however, I really like the concept of an app being website-agnostic, and even more, being at least somewhat usable whether or not you have internet access. At the very least, I think a basic database of anime titles should be small enough to integrate directly into an app.

I really haven't thought this through all that much yet. I'll try to play around with this concept over the next couple of days....
That will be awesome, btw instead of only meego/sailfish can you also do the app for maemo too? Im sure many would like app like that on maemo.

The app is good for a first release.idk if it's possible to see in the description the episode number where we left off intead of the (completed-currently watching)status.As for login i can confirm it works and the apo is pretty fluid.
Thanks to cepi for the work.

Gonna be osm if there's manga list, too
and, well, for starters: you could mark nth of anime, and put them onto whatever list you need them on. Plus the tabbed lists. Plus manga list ~
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Posts: 217 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Indonesia, Banyuwangi
Hehehehe... Its really really nice sir....
Hope hope and wish for MyAnimeList too

Tags
malonline, meego, port to meego