Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
Thanks a lot.

One last question. Do I only need those two files (FW & eMMC) or do I need any others from the page with the FW?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
For flashing those two are sufficient.

But there is also one file (do not remember name) with md5sums of flashing files. Those may be necessary to check a broken download (can produce weird flashing errors).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Regarding the firmwares, generally all the variants with numbers 200 or higher are for operators, so in principle you always run the risk to get a 'branded' version (although, some operators are more discreet and don't put their logo everywhere).
So, probably it would be better for you to have a good look at the list of variants available, sort them by increasing variant number, and try them one by one, starting from lowest number.
When you find one that seems decent, be happy, otherwise go on flashing the next one in the list.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by raulito View Post
Thanks a lot.

One last question. Do I only need those two files (FW & eMMC) or do I need any others from the page with the FW?
For chinese 003 phone, I would keep in 003 line and just change language from UI from chinense to english. Thats the only way to keep cmt (and sim-card working).

I suspect that the other phone has been 003 originally and someone has just tried to flash random firmware in it (that would explain non-working sim). So thats more trickly one, basicly if it has been 003 and someone has flasher some newer non-003 firmware in it, then you will never get sim working, ie you have wifi-tablet or brick in your hands. But if your lucky and it has not been 003 chinense from beginning, then you might get lucky by reading this forum.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I suspect that the other phone has been 003 originally and someone has just tried to flash random firmware in it (that would explain non-working sim).
If that hypotesis is correct, would re-flashing a 003 firmware make the sim working again?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
Hi guys,

Kindly assist me, I have an issue wit flashing my phone as I cant tell whats my product code.
Usually, am supposed to check in the sim card tray but my tray is changed and actually the original card tray is not readable.

Nemesis has failed me and so has NSU.

Please assist.

Regards,
Fred.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
If that hypotesis is correct, would re-flashing a 003 firmware make the sim working again?
No since you cannot downgrade back to 003 if it has been flashed with some newer one.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
flasher -i will tell you current firmware and you can just see from there what to use.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
flasher -i will tell you current firmware and you can just see from there what to use.
When I do flasher.exe -i, I get DFL1_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.454.6_PR454, how can I check and choose a release that will work for me? The one I have says "downgrade disallowed".

Kindly assist.

thanks.
Fred.

Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
When I do flasher.exe -i, I get DFL1_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.454.6_PR454, how can I check and choose a release that will work for me? The one I have says "downgrade disallowed".

Kindly assist.

thanks.
Fred.
Thats easy then, you flash this one:

http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/f...PRD_signed.bin

Tags
flashing, nokia n9