Hmmmm.... It doesn't work for me. I used your .json file, created the necessary folders, even rebooted but still no cigar...

Do I have to change something in the launcher, too?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
That looks like it. Strangely the text is fine when doing it with the jolla-settings app.

Edit : not exactly, there is 90% of the text ok, but a thing like ""settings-me-add_to_favorites" is not shown correctly, so same problem here.
Text is ok with both cases. Do you know what "translation" means and how qsTrId() works?

Originally Posted by consono View Post
Hmmmm.... It doesn't work for me. I used your .json file, created the necessary folders, even rebooted but still no cigar...

Do I have to change something in the launcher, too?
You also installed partnerspacemanager package, right?

Last edited by coderus; 2015-01-12 at 10:00.

Originally Posted by consono View Post
Hi,

any news regarding the partnerscreen? As I remember there were some discussion that it's easy to customize. It would be great if we can port over the ToonsTV screen from the Stella launcher... I downloaded the apk and extracted it, but only found a .so file which seems to be related to this: libpartnerspace-rovio.so. I hoped it's qml which could've been easier to turn into an app or something, but I don't know if it's even possible to use it on Jolla this way. My instinct say not, it's probably linked against android libs, but who knows?
checked, and it's not using android, only qt and standard libs:
liblipstick-qt5.so libQt5Quick.so libQt5Qml.so libQt5Network.so libQt5Gui.so libQt5Core.so libGLESv2.so libgnustl_shared.so liblog.so libz.so libdl.so libstdc++.so libm.so libc.so libpartnerspace-rovio.so

Stupid me I haven't installed it... It works now! THX!

Originally Posted by synt View Post
I tried out the partnerspacemanager and managed to get the phone app in the left ambience drawer.
After some testing it seems that after getting a phone call the app will unload from the left ambience drawer and needs to be reinstalled from partnerspacemanager to make it work again. Also after booting the app needs to be started once or it wont work.

I've no idea if this is fixable or not but as for now I dont recommend using it. If anyone has any ideas, please share

Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Do you know what "translation" means ?

Yeah, I know the problem. Was only pointing it here, if somebody was facing it, or having the solution. I was surprise at first that one app had this issue and not the other one, but after digging, there was still some strings missing.

What is happening is that when the setting or voicecall app is launched as an app, the translations are loaded correctly. When it is run in the partner space, something is missing or wrong, so those translations are shown as the default text which here has been enter not as english, but as a kind of index string (not saying this is bad).

So to fix this problem we have to find from where the translations are loaded, which I can't do myself for know, as I don't know how QML works (done it from C++ side though, but in another life).

What I can think of as source of the problem:
* missing call to something that load the translation dictionnary
* path problem if it expects it from a relative path, and the partner-space launcher launches it from somewhere else
* something obvious or not that I am missing...

The strangest thing with the settings app, is that all strings looks like translated expect the ones in the menus when long pressing an item (maybe pulley menu too). Are those translations spread in several packages and only one is loaded ?

If anyone know a bit more than me here, feel free to give it a try.

Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by synt View Post
After some testing it seems that after getting a phone call the app will unload from the left ambience drawer and needs to be reinstalled from partnerspacemanager to make it work again. Also after booting the app needs to be started once or it wont work.
Noticed something close with the settings app.
Most of the thing works as expected, but for example the android stop action from the sailfish utilities package never succeed, but if launched from the real app, it is ok each time.

And I also needed to reactivate it after a reboot or relaunching lipstick (like after applying a patch), but it has stayed here so far.

MazeLock patch updated for u10 and released on OpenRepos: https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patch-mazelock

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
MazeLock patch updated for u10 and released on OpenRepos: https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patch-mazelock
Thanks!

Lockscreen mediaplayer controls patch released on OpenRepos: https://openrepos.net/content/coderu...layer-controls

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os