Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Hello guys, don't know, if its been alredy discussed here...
It is possible to use the +5V and -GND Pins for Inductive charging pad, if they are alredy connected to the TOHKBD Bottom Circuit ?

In other words, can i solder 2 wires to this pins, if they will be alredy used for TOHKBD ?

THanks

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Hello guys, don't know, if its been alredy discussed here...
It is possible to use the +5V and -GND Pins for Inductive charging pad, if they are alredy connected to the TOHKBD Bottom Circuit ?

In other words, can i solder 2 wires to this pins, if they will be alredy used for TOHKBD ?

THanks
There is no room for such components in the casing that connects to the phone, nor is there in the keyboard part.

If you want to however make a different disconnectable part with qi charging in it yourself, yes that is possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Contact pads are here! Just waiting for assembly tool to be made.

New PCBs and casings

Assembly of mockup

This PCB and casing fit like a glove, so for now I will assume this is the final design. I have to wait however on the first actual keypads and domesheets to confirm everthing.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
If you want to however make a different disconnectable part with qi charging in it yourself, yes that is possible.
Too late now, but it occurred to me last week that if the contact pad had an extra terminal for 5V, (and a fet switch, or even just a schottky diode internally; something to protect the circuit) then the same case back part of TOH could be used to either mount TOHKBD, or provide the basis of a solid, simple dashboard mount with charging capability.

Something I might have a play with once my TOHKBD arrives...

Dave

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Too late now, but it occurred to me last week that if the contact pad had an extra terminal for 5V
Check. 6 contact pads.

and a fet switch, or even just a schottky diode internally; something to protect the circuit
Also check. 5.5V schottky diode in the phone.

then the same case back part of TOH could be used to either mount TOHKBD, or provide the basis of a solid, simple dashboard mount with charging capability.
Yes, checkedy-check.

Something I might have a play with once my TOHKBD arrives...
And given the fact that all files will be shared, you will have everything you need! Happy hacking

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
As a Motorola droid (3) owner I know Motorola had all kinds of docking stations and matching phone profiles for the different docking stations. Sort of like what the Jolla has a other halves.
Put the phone in your night stand dock and it will charge and show a dim alarm clock, put it in you car dock and it will launch the satnav.

I doubt anybody changes their other half when they go to bed or go driving. It should have been something easy with magnets

I'm looking forward to building a magnetic docking station connecting to the six contact pads. although I am told charging the phone won't be possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roland684 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Roland684 View Post
although I am told...
By who?!?!?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
I've tried searching the thread, so I hope this question hasn't already been answered,

Will it be possible/probable to have keyboard shotcuts for swiping/OS maneuvers? Like Ctrl + -> = Swipe right, and Alt + Tab = go to application window?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fill For This Useful Post:
The place for such and more quick questions: webchat.freenode.net/?channels=jollatohkbd

quick answer: yes.
will it be there: maybe, i don't know, we'll see.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by fill View Post
Will it be possible/probable to have keyboard shotcuts for swiping/OS maneuvers? Like Ctrl + -> = Swipe right, and Alt + Tab = go to application window?
Emulating swipe gestures will be PITA to implement, but not impossible.
The Alt-Tab = go to homescreen is in same category. I have studied few different possibilities to implement it, but nothing solid yet.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd