Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The lockscreen layout is defined in file "/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/Lockscreen.qml"
I finally got around playing a bit with the lockscreen QML. You are right, it is not exactly a rocket science (although some documentation would not hurt ).

As I had only a few minutes to spare, I tried only a very small modification, but one that has been bothering me for a while. See the dates in "before" and "after" screenshots, I think it is quite obvious without highlighting:

Name:  20150113162026.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  28.7 KBName:  20150113165226.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  28.8 KB

(In case you were wondering, "3" is the mobile network name.)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Seems promising! And with the IP adress this would be perfect

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I tried only a very small modification, but one that has been bothering me for a while. See the dates in "before" and "after" screenshots,
would you mind to share a howto ;-) would prefer to have the date in one line like on your second pic ...

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
waiting for a how-to, too :P

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
would you mind to share a howto ;-) would prefer to have the date in one line like on your second pic ...
It's very simple. Edit the QML file (path kindly provided by juiceme, quoted in my post) and find the line that says "width: parent.width - (Screen.width / 5 * 2)". It's on or around line 137. Change 5 to 10. Restart lipstick. If you don't know how, restart the phone.

Please note that the change does have an undesired side effect that your email, SMS etc notifications now may overlap with the date text. Further tweaking is in order to move them a bit further down.

Please note that fiddling with your system files like this may render your phone unbootable. Only attempt it if you understand the risks involved.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Is it possible to reduce the cancellation timer to 2 seconds instead of 5? You know, like when you delete something.
It is sometimes a pain to wait everytime 5 seconds for an action that you want to happen....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
You dont have to wait that 5 sec you can just continue doing, even close that application and timer will do that task.

And you cant change all timers at once because time is written in application code.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
You dont have to wait that 5 sec you can just continue doing, even close that application and timer will do that task.

And you cant change all timers at once because time is written in application code.
No, if you close the app, it won't do the action. Like try deleting an alarm and close the app while the countdown starts...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
but you could start deleting something else while the countdown runs down (at least for email that is)

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Is it possible to reduce the cancellation timer to 2 seconds instead of 5? You know, like when you delete something.
It is sometimes a pain to wait everytime 5 seconds for an action that you want to happen....
Yes, it's possible. I have it set to 2 seconds and find that more suitable for me.

/usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/RemorseItem.qml
/usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/RemorsePopup.qml

In those files, find the timeout numbers (two in each file; by default the value is 5000) and change them to 2000 (to get 2 seconds instead of 5). RemorseItem.qml affects remorse timers that happen "in place" (e.g., deleting an email) and RemorsePopup.qml affects timers that appear in the top part of the screen (e.g., deleting an app in Launcher).

(Don't set it to zero though (to disable the timer altogether), it won't work (at least in some cases)).

Last edited by ssahla; 2015-01-22 at 20:28.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post: