Notices

Seems like Yappari is dead ... soon to die the N900 ... very sad. Thanks to all for the effort in maintaining Yappari and the wonderful dinosaur N900. Time to get a new phone ...

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Why so pessimistic? WhatsApp has blocked unofficial clients before, just check the original Yappari thread. This can be WA 1.2 blocked or related to the WhatsApp recent actions against WhatsApp + and other alternative clients (accounts suspended for 24 hours).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
Seems like Yappari is dead ... soon to die the N900 ... very sad. Thanks to all for the effort in maintaining Yappari and the wonderful dinosaur N900. Time to get a new phone ...
Don't you dare say it... I've gotten so used to the N900 that all the android(& windows) phones seem plain. I'm sure Yappari will soon be back in action.

Thank you Scorpius and ceene for all your efforts in keeping alive this wonderful project.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kartman13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by kartman13 View Post
Don't you dare say it... I've gotten so used to the N900 that all the android(& windows) phones seem plain. I'm sure Yappari will soon be back in action.

Thank you Scorpius and ceene for all your efforts in keeping alive this wonderful project.
I'm not sure what we're going to be able to do... I had just started to learn about the code and the protocol and now this... I believe I am not capable of solving a protocol transition. I don't even know where do you lot get information about latest protocol, so...

Maybe Scorpius and Coderus are able to at least guide me, but for the moment we don't have much of a solution.

Last edited by ceene; 2015-01-23 at 09:23.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
I'm not sure what we're going to be able to do... I had just started to learn about the code and the protocol and now this... I believe I am not capable of solve a protocol transition. I don't even know where do you lot get information about latest protocol, so...

Maybe Scorpius and Coderus are able to at least guide me, but for the moment we don't have much of a solution.
You should definitely contact Scorpius and Coderus here.
The easiest solution is probably to filter the client<>server messages; a message from Yappari to WA1.2 then enters a filter which transforms it into a WA1.5 protocol message which gets passed on to the interwebs, and vice versa.
This is least intrusive to the Yappari code itself, because it only works on the level of the protocol. It's also the least performant way, but that's a secondary concern at this point.

But it does require a good documentation on both the WA1.2 and WA1.5 protocols.

The Following User Says Thank You to trancethrust For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2014 @ iran, tehran
Hi
there is a log in problem. it ask me a code number but when i inter it, a connection error appears.
what is the problem about? could you plz help me

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by hanie View Post
Hi
there is a log in problem. it ask me a code number but when i inter it, a connection error appears.
Yes, we can help you. Please read the posts that came before yours.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
Hi
Indeed. And on principle, until this problem is resolved, try not to attempt endlessly to login. If the 24hour ban applies here, then that will frustrate you if and when there is a solution.

Revert to this thread first, read, digest and act accordingly.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2014 @ iran, tehran
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
i did not get in clearly. could you plz explain more? thanks

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
i did not get in clearly. could you plz explain more? thanks
WHATSAPP servers are blocking Yappari because it uses an older version of the protocol. At least, that is what the smart people think is happening.

If they are correct, you will not be able to login until changes are made to Yappari. There is a possibility that those changes will not be made to Yappari.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari