Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
@ceene: Good idea to update Firstpost with this?
You lot are pretty impatient! But it's really nice to work on something that people are eager to check out

First post is now updated (I've removed some paragraphs that do not longer apply to make it easier to read but still leaving the most important bits).

Well, here is the explanation of the changelog items that need it:
  • Implemented (as a selectable but enabled by default option) ability to send and receive read notifications on individual chats (i.e.: blue double tick).

There's a new setting that says "Report when the other party has read messages". I didn't realized the full text didn't fit the screen, so I have to explain that this works BOTH WAYS; meaning that you will only be able to know when the other party has read your messages (marked with a double blue check) if you allow the other party to know when you have read their messages.

I know this is controversial, but I feel like that's what is fair: if you wanna know, you have to let know. If you disagree with this, well, you can always compile the code yourself (the repository will let you know which commit to revert) or write me until I get bored and obey you, but this is not likely to happen.
  • Better UI for multimedia messages with long captions.
    I've enabled wor wrapping just so long messages do not require
    horizontal scroll.
  • Fixed registration again and replaced code to avoid reregistration on certain occasions (CODeRUS).
    You should experience less registration requests from now on and those of you that couldn't register should be able to do now. Thanks to CODeRUS for this
  • Fixed last seen timestamp (CODeRUS).
    We hope it now works.
  • Added infrastructure to report which participant is composing message on group chats (cepiperez).

My colleague cepiperez (who I thank for his invaluable help), has added this infraestructure to the code, meaning that probably next release will use it, so we will be able to report more information on group chats, but for now this is not something you will experience while using Yappari.

I hope you all enjoy this new release. It'll be available soon also in extras-testing and once you have tested it, I plead you to vote it if you consider it's ready to reach extras, or to downvote it if you find something that makes it unusable.

Best regards!

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Indonesia
new release work flawlessly. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
what is a caption ? i dont seem to get it

1. status is not changing
2. i can't rename my group chat
3. typ notification is not showing

now i having this 3 problems guys

Last edited by tonydaan; 2015-01-31 at 13:35.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Grailham City
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
You lot are pretty impatient! But it's really nice to work on something that people are eager to check out
[*]Fixed last seen timestamp (CODeRUS).
We hope it now works.
At the moment the only reason for me to update to 2.0.3 would be the timestamp issue...but since ceene said he HOPES it works I was just wondering what the people that have already updated have observed concerning this?

Does it work??

Originally Posted by simsalabim View Post
At the moment the only reason for me to update to 2.0.3 would be the timestamp issue...but since ceene said he HOPES it works I was just wondering what the people that have already updated have observed concerning this?

Does it work??
I am pretty certain it works, why don't you give it a go and test it? There's nothing you can lose

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by simsalabim View Post

Does it work??
Yes it does in the chat window, no it doesn´t on the view contact window.

@ceene still got the (+) ghost contact.

Greetings.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Yes it does in the chat window, no it doesn´t on the view contact window.

@ceene still got the (+) ghost contact.

Greetings.
I'll try to solve both things for next release, I still have to research the changes Scorpius did to fix that before and see why they don't seem to make effect anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
I'll try to solve both things for next release, I still have to research the changes Scorpius did to fix that before and see why they don't seem to make effect anymore.
In the view contact window refesh the last seen when you close the contact window.

I mean, if your contact was online when you close the chat window, when you saw the view contact window, will show online, and it won't change in there unless you open the chat window again.

Don't worry,i understand, with change of protocol, changes a lot of stuff and takes time to fix all of them.

By the way, i'm not complain, i'm happy to get Yappari working, just informing the things i saw.

Greetings.

Edit: Awww, the x is typing won´t work on the groups anymore , on 0.2 works and was kinda cool, obviously shows the name of the group, like group is typing.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2015-01-31 at 14:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Grailham City
I am pretty certain it works, why don't you give it a go and test it? There's nothing you can lose
emmmm... actually I have something to lose: I kinda liked the "one way" blue ticks

But I understand and respect why you implemented it the way you did.
I will give it a try, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to simsalabim For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari