Posts: 36 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ California
after this update all notifications are not works anymore

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
-maybe apps dont get force shut down that much now?!
Yes, that reminds me of a certain story. A true lecture in making the customers happy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
This update is by far the best in ages It restores some faith to Jolla

-maybe apps dont get force shut down that much now?!
My Jolla has seen some serious drawer time since the latest update that featured these out of memory handling "improvements" that looked as if they were the brainwork of a nervous sales and marketing department urgently needing the device to resemble Android more closely

So before going to play with the new ambiance color effects etc I went off testing multitasking, and while the out of memory agent is less aggressive I saw IRC disconnected, calender and calc being closed etc..

As far as multitasking is concerned, it feels like a step forward after two steps back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Downloading now ...
I had forgotten, that I've two accounts and I activated the checkbox on the wrong one. Shame on me...

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Zoloo View Post
after this update all notifications are not works anymore
Seriously? You opted-in into an RC of an update (early access) and get mad, because something does not work for you?!

BTW: I don't have a problem with notifications at all, and have not heard of anyone else having such problems.
Try factory reset.

To the update:
I simply love it, my Jolla is so smooth and fast - very amazing
I find the new weather widget very nice - a bit more spacing around it and some nice animations (especially when the values are changing) and it would be perfect.
Warehouse is usable again for me, no more freezing.

Question:
Is it just me, ore are the spacings in pulley menus bigger now? I have the feeling, that the pulley menus are now longer than before the update.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Updated my girlfiend's Jolla with "The First One" TOH attached. First go to account settings and checked box. After 5 minutes goes to Settings and checked for updates - update appeared. Downloaded and installed successfully.

Last edited by coderus; 2015-02-20 at 21:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
My Jolla has seen some serious drawer time since the latest update that featured these out of memory handling "improvements" that looked as if they were the brainwork of a nervous sales and marketing department urgently needing the device to resemble Android more closely

So before going to play with the new ambiance color effects etc I went off testing multitasking, and while the out of memory agent is less aggressive I saw IRC disconnected, calender and calc being closed etc..

As far as multitasking is concerned, it feels like a step forward after two steps back.
I have had these settings applied at boot since vaarainjärvi, and they have been working for me, no autoclose apps, no drastic out of memory situations even when massively multitasking.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "80" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
echo "32 24" > /proc/sys/vm/lowmem_reserve_ratio
echo "100" > /proc/sys/vm/percpu_pagelist_fraction
echo "98304" > /proc/sys/vm/extra_free_kbytes

echo "0,0,0,0,0" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
I see very many improvements.

But. To mention my favoritr.
about:config

Tor is about to make thunder

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Updated my girlfiend Jolla ...
I knew you love Jolla, but ... ? :-)

Anyway, I think it is a great update. Everything is smooth again.

Weather app is good, but need settings for it. It shows the Weather in Celsius only. In USA (we, the unsupported countries) use Fahrenheit. Or I haven't figured out how to change it.

I don't think I see any difference in battery usage. It is about 6 hours since I unplugged and I am at 71%. Pretty day-after-update heavy usage. Looks normal to me.

Coderus, I don't get the voicemail notification anymore. The uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck. It worked great before the update, I really appreciate if you take a look at it when you get a chance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Weather app is good, but need settings for it. It shows the Weather in Celsius only. In USA (we, the unsupported countries) use Fahrenheit. Or I haven't figured out how to change it.
Settings > Apps > Weather

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rocks, not again!, tags suck!, yes again!