Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
when you will try registration in official client and it will fail there is help button in menu and contact button.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
when you will try registration in official client and it will fail there is help button in menu and contact button.
Hi coderus/Ceene,

we have only yappari application. we are trying in yappari only... in yappari i am unable to fine the help button and contact button.... could you please resolve this.... or can you tell me the official client email id.. so that i will send a mail ...

Regards,
Nagendra

Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Yappari is working again (2015/01/24)

Hi all

After just a couple of days, some great people have been able to update Yappari's code to work with latest Whatsapp protocol.

You don't have to thank me for this, since I haven't done anything but package those changes. Please, greatly thank cepiperez and coderus, as well as testers HtheB, incrys and deadc0de (sorry, I couldn't find your links).

Best regards

LATEST VERSION: 2.0.9
Once autobuilder finishes, package will be available at extras-devel
When package is promoted, it'll be available at extras-testing
After it is voted here, package well be available at extras.

If you have any problem, we can only help you solve it if you provide us with a log. You can find Yappari's log messages at /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log

Please report bugs on Yappari's github so they can be easily tracked.

Hi all!

As you may know, Yappari's coder Scorpius, has decided not to maintain Yappari anymore as of January 1st.

However, I am happy to announce that Yappari development hasn't been abandoned and that I myself I'm continuing to add new features, fix bugs and release new versions through maemo repositories.

From now on, please use this thread for new posts, and refer only to old Yappari post for information on the whole project, previous versions and questions&answers. Please read this post before continuing.

Scorpius has been very helpful and the transition is now fully done, so since yesterday you can already download latest version using Application Manager, HAM or apt-get (or links on this post).

Development is now public under Yappari's github. Please, note that only master branch is stable, final merging is realized on develop branch (send here your pull requests) and other branches (develop-*) are usually subjected to rebase, so you probably won't be able to fetch from them without deleting your local branch before. You can submit issues, patches, pull requests and whatever you feel is useful for development.

All new features are shown below on the changelog and longer explained on following posts and linked in changelog below.

yappari (2.0.9) stable; urgency=medium

* Better management of input buffers (may solve crashes?) (NerdKnight)
* Solves regression of non stored contacts
(aliases work again since protocol change)
* Database backend implementation of individual receipts
(stores who and when has received and read our messages)
* Solves some mistakes on blue checks
* Upgraded registration constants

-- Alvaro G. M. <alvaro.gamez@hazent.com> Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:53:08

yappari (2.0.8) stable; urgency=medium

* New checks to avoid crashes on connection error (cepiperez)

-- Alvaro G. M. <alvaro.gamez@hazent.com> Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:18:53 +0100

yappari (2.0.7) stable; urgency=medium

* Fix receipts on both single chats and groups

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez@hazent.com> Sun, 01 Mar 2015 16:11:58 +0100

yappari (2.0.6) stable; urgency=medium

* Message deletion implemented.
* Basic group receipts implemented.
* Crashes on connection error should be fixed (cepiperez)

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Mon, 16 Feb 2015 20:48:59 +0100

yappari (2.0.5) stable; urgency=medium

* Fix registration (CODeRUS)
* Fix own status information
* Gather group ownership. This allows again to manage our groups (NerdKnight)

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sun, 08 Feb 2015 16:26:45 +0100

yappari (2.0.4) stable; urgency=medium

* Fixed group commands (listing members, title, etc)
* "X is typing" functionality restored and implemented for groups
* "Last seen functionality" fixed (cepiperez)
* Report read messages only when chat window is made active

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sun, 01 Feb 2015 16:01:40 +0100

yappari (2.0.3) stable; urgency=medium

* Implemented (as a selectable but enabled by default option) ability to send
and receive read notifications on individual chats (i.e.: blue double tick).
* Better UI for multimedia messages with long captions.
* Fixed registration again and replaced code to avoid reregistration on certain
occasions (CODeRUS).
* Fixed last seen timestamp (CODeRUS).
* Added infrastructure to report which participant is composing message on
group chats (cepiperez).

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:57:46 +0100

yappari (2.0.2) stable; urgency=medium

* Registration fixed.

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sun, 25 Jan 2015 10:32:03 +0100

yappari (2.0.1) stable; urgency=medium

* New protocol version

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:57:46 +0100

yappari (1.1.55) stable; urgency=low

* Upgraded USER_AGENT_VERSION, BUILD_KEY and BUILD_HASH to fake latest S40.
Maybe this helps?

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:14:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.54) stable; urgency=low

* Fixed media sending dialogs

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:14:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.53) stable; urgency=low

* Preview images, video and audio before sending them

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:11:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.52) stable; urgency=low

* First release made by AGM
* Implemented rudimentary double blue tick on sent messages to individuals
* Implemented send/receive captions associated to multimedia files.

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:11:54 +0100

Hi Ceene,

I am getting blocked in server response... please help on this...

" Whatsapp web " option should be there in yappari.. if it is there we can easily access in laptop websites(chrome)... Please excuse if already there. otherwise please implement...

Its very useful for everyone whoever using Yappri...

you need to get some android/ios/windowsphone to request unban your number. no official application = no unban.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ sudan -khartoum
my old yappari stop working and when i am try to register it say enter 6 digits code by hear the call but nothing happened what to do ?

read some posts in thread.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by nagarendra View Post
" Whatsapp web " option should be there in yappari.. if it is there we can easily access in laptop websites(chrome)...
I wonder if I will muddy the already clouded waters...

Whatsapp wants just OFFICIAL apps made by them for IOS, Windows Phone, Android to work with their server.

Yappari and other apps like it, get away with being unofficial by not revealing that they are, well unofficial. It is a bit like the arms race of the old cold war.

The point being made to nagarendra and others is of you get banned then yappari cannot help you. You need to put your simcard into a phone running one of the officially supported OSs, and use an official app to request the unbanning.

As coderus wrote: "You need to register number with official client, if it failed you need to press contact support button, it will open email client with filled body with some data. you need to add details about blocking status, tell him you never used 3rd party application and only using this android/windowsphone/etc. device."

Posting again asking for help from within Yappari is pointless.

Most of us using Yappari don't get banned. A good rule of thumb with an unofficial client is, if you see some or other suggestion that the server not talking to your device, DO NOT TRY AND TRY AGAIN to connect. Get to this thread and 1) READ and 2) if not noted, post asking if anyone else has the same problem and 3) do not hector the devs for a solution.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I wonder if I will muddy the already clouded waters...

Whatsapp wants just OFFICIAL apps made by them for IOS, Windows Phone, Android to work with their server.

Yappari and other apps like it, get away with being unofficial by not revealing that they are, well unofficial. It is a bit like the arms race of the old cold war.

The point being made to nagarendra and others is of you get banned then yappari cannot help you. You need to put your simcard into a phone running one of the officially supported OSs, and use an official app to request the unbanning.

As coderus wrote: "You need to register number with official client, if it failed you need to press contact support button, it will open email client with filled body with some data. you need to add details about blocking status, tell him you never used 3rd party application and only using this android/windowsphone/etc. device."

Posting again asking for help from within Yappari is pointless.

Most of us using Yappari don't get banned. A good rule of thumb with an unofficial client is, if you see some or other suggestion that the server not talking to your device, DO NOT TRY AND TRY AGAIN to connect. Get to this thread and 1) READ and 2) if not noted, post asking if anyone else has the same problem and 3) do not hector the devs for a solution.
Hai handaxe/coderus/ceene,

I have checked in other android working phone (official whatsapp app) also. still we are getting " you are no longer to use this service" ... please help on this...

Regards,
Nagendra.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by nagarendra View Post
I have checked in other android working phone (official whatsapp app) also. still we are getting " you are no longer to use this service"
I am no developer. But I can say that what you post is sufficiently unclear that none can know how to help you.

What does "checked in with..." mean IN RELATION to the steps others suggested you take, viz (coderus): "if (registration) failed you need to press contact support button, it will open email client with filled body with some data. you need to add details about blocking status, tell him you never used 3rd party application and only using this android/windowsphone/etc. device"?

So you sent the email?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari