Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
DaScud -

How is the useability of the 770 in the case? Does the flap and magnet clasp get in the way at all? You said the inside is not leather, is it a type of black "suede-like" material? My Libretto case from them has that type of material on the inside.

Thanks in advance, i was hoping someone would get one before me so i could hear the reviews on it. I'm about ready to order one, also...

The N770 is perfectly usable when opened. They have cutaways for all the buttons and a slot for the speaker. Yep the inside is some suede-like black material :-).

I was just nitpicking about the clasp position. You cant put the clasp on and charge the N770. However you can close the top part and not put the magnetic clasp and still charge the N770.

I definitely like the case and would recommend it.

HTH

Originally Posted by orbitalcomp
DaScud -

How is the useability of the 770 in the case? Does the flap and magnet clasp get in the way at all? You said the inside is not leather, is it a type of black "suede-like" material? My Libretto case from them has that type of material on the inside.

Thanks in advance, i was hoping someone would get one before me so i could hear the reviews on it. I'm about ready to order one, also...

cool...my order will go in today, so hopefully I will receive it within a week or so...

One more question: does the 770 fit in the case with the hard cover on or off or both? It's not a deal-breaker for me, just wondering...

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
The PDair people should insert a little magnet in the cover at the right place so that the N770 goes asleep when the cover is on. If someone has a blueprint of the N770 then the position/size of the magnet could be measured accurately.

PDAIR Leather Case for Nokia 770 ($29.99 SHIPPED)

You have to use the discount coupon code: ITTALK to get a Free Shipping discount.

Originally Posted by 9a6or
The PDair people should insert a little magnet in the cover at the right place so that the N770 goes asleep when the cover is on. If someone has a blueprint of the N770 then the position/size of the magnet could be measured accurately.
Well, I made small experiment with main PDAir case and magnet.
If you place small magnet at left side of the middle button(I think it is Menu button), screen will go off.

Took a small magnet about the size of the 3 buttons below the 4 way cursor pad,and glued it to the case flap. Whenyou close the case it turns off as it should. You can't use the flexible ones, they are not strong enouqh.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
An exposed magnet might scratch the buttons over time. Pass on your experiences to PDair, they should stitch a magnet inside the cover. They might give you a freebie for the idea

Just received my PDair case today...very nice, exactly what I was looking for! Much better than fooling with the slide-cover, IMHO. Even has three card slots for extra MMC's...

I just got my PDAir case and I am very impressed with the quality. I got rather tired of turning the device on and off everytime I was done with it, so I actually integrated a magnet into the top cover. I will take a picture of it tommorow.