Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
At first I thought that we have a new update rolling out but there is just offtopic here...
Anyway, SFOS2.0 should have a lot better web browser. The current stock browser is ridiculous and laggy. It has got even worse lately with every new update.
Tablet experience gets poor if there is no good web browser (an essential thing).

The Following User Says Thank You to Kake41 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
At first I thought that we have a new update rolling out but there is just offtopic here...
Anyway, SFOS2.0 should have a lot better web browser. The current stock browser is ridiculous and laggy. It has got even worse lately with every new update.
Tablet experience gets poor if there is no good web browser (an essential thing).
SailfishOS and Sailfish Browser are different things and not tied to each other.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
It's awful. STOP USING IT. There's no excuse now not to use WebPirate as it's in the Jolla Store, rather than just OpenRepos. It still suffers all the performance issues that native Sailfish apps have, but its features, compatibility, UI & lack of bugs are on a different planet compared to Sailfish Browser. These are the efforts of a one man band, over what, 7 months? Compared with Jolla's 3 years of development of SF Browser. It's shameful. Firefox / Opera in Alien Dalvik are still much faster, but for such a small project, Web Pirate is a great piece of work and IMO the best software currently available for Sailfish.

It's got to the stage where the stock browser is so bad and so behind, I'd like to see Jolla abandon it entirely and pay a stipend for the maintenance of WebPirate / WebCat or split search revenue, shipping an update with a prompt to install one or both.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
WebPirate is nice in features, but overall UI is uugly

The Following User Says Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
i like webpirate but the zooming and what not feelings very clunky and that seems like its more the webkits fault.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wrm View Post
WebPirate is nice in features, but overall UI is uugly
Have you used 1.0? It looks better than earlier versions, plus animations / transitions / swipes are a lot smoother. Anyway, that can be worked on in the future, but the UX as opposed to pure aesthetics aren't even comparable to SF Browser. It's comical how bad the latter is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
I just don't get the dislike of sailfish browser, I kinda like it It's fast, smooth and who the **** opens more than 3 tabs on a mobile browser anyways...

But hey, I also liked grub on harmattan

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
itd be nice for me to view what IP I am through the settings menu. This shouldnt require a separate application
Or avahi support, so we don't have to type IPs. We have (m)DNS for a reason!

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Settings>System>Developer mode
Only shows the IPv4 address, not all networks have IPv4.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I just don't get the dislike of sailfish browser, I kinda like it It's fast, smooth and who the **** opens more than 3 tabs on a mobile browser anyways...

But hey, I also liked grub on harmattan
If your point of reference for fast and smooth is Grub on Harmattan, then it's awesome. Compared with virtually anything else, it's absolute shite.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
I wanted to say that when the tablet comes out it should have a good browser. Yes, I know that the OS itself is not tied with the browser but one can expect a good browser on SFOS 2.0 Tablet.
Webpirate is showing some web sites incorrectly. Thats why I have to use the native browser.

Open this http://www.eksote.fi/fi/terveyspalve...t/default.aspx
with WebPirate. It does not scale the page correctly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kake41 For This Useful Post: