[GeneralSettings]
unittSystem-metric
ssoDone=true
[/I]
i'v added only ssoDone=true
Correct that to
unitSystem=metric

and then save with ctrl-o and exit nano with ctrl-x
(on N9 you need to use vkb ctrl 'buttons')

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ BULGARIA
Yeah, cool! i fixed it, thaks a lot! Drive app is ok but maps still doesnt work properly. How to download maps?! Although the navigation is ok and locate my place without map, but although may be its correct to download some maps....so...how?!

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
in Maps
- properties
- manage maps
- download new maps
maybe first
- search for updates

In Drive also
- select language
- last option install updates

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Yes, but MAPS required nokia account. It fix only DRIVE problems with this, not the MAPS problems...

The Following User Says Thank You to milev86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland
for MAPS registration, edit /home/user/.config/Nokia/Maps.conf and add

isSsoEnabled=false

I made it yesterday after reflash on my 2nd N9. I still haven't found how to avoid the registration request on boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to tcheupa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tcheupa View Post
for MAPS registration, edit /home/user/.config/Nokia/Maps.conf and add

isSsoEnabled=false

I made it yesterday after reflash on my 2nd N9. I still haven't found how to avoid the registration request on boot.
Yep! Maps fixed also. thanks a lot! (nano /home/user/.config/Nokia/Maps.conf and add

isSsoEnabled=false)

hope this'll useful for someone else

Last edited by milev86; 2015-06-11 at 06:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milev86 For This Useful Post:
I had the problem of not being able to add Gmail account for some time. Yesterday, I tried again and it worked like a charm. Go figure!
GTalk works.

Is it ok to remove the Ovi Store client (via Terminal) or will it mess something up if missing and is not worth it? I suspect both ovistoreclient and ovistoreclient-guard should go...

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
I am glad to see some people still trying to rock this tech. I hope you keep using it. I hope Nokia makes phones again some day.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
I have ovistore deinstalled and since now, i didnt have any problem with the device.

The only boring problem is the nokia-account setup on N9-Boot or restart.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Darekin View Post
I am glad to see some people still trying to rock this tech. I hope you keep using it. I hope Nokia makes phones again some day.
I believe that only few hundreds who are still owning this device. It is a device for developers not for normal users. Although in maemo there are some developers who have the patience to help other users but in general the developers don't want to explain the steps that the user should follow to install an application or to solve a problem.There are two killing features in smartphones: Video calling and navigation that Nokia N9 is missing. This device has no application for video call and Gtalk is abandoned by developer while it should be updated continuously to avoid changes made by Google and that what happened. The application stopped working after google changed video call to hangouts. Although this device has a good navigation app (nokia drive) but in my case there aren't maps of my country so it is useless and nothing was done by developers to add another source of maps to nokia maps. The two companies Nokia and Microsoft lost their reputation because they do not support users. Nokia N9 is a case of not supporting by Nokia and Microsoft. Nokia store closed. Microsoft replaced Nokia store by Opera store but you cannot find support for N9 in Opera store. Microsoft don't want to add video call capability to its skype app on Nokia N9. Thanks to friendly developers in Maemo and openrepos.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wisgal For This Useful Post: