Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Hengelo, The Netherlands
So sorry to hear about your depression. I know what an awful feeling that is from personal experience.

I've sent you some money to feed a bear a balalaika or whatever tickles your fancy.

I'd love for you to continue your great work, but please make your health a priority! And thanks for all you've already done, I agree with Knuckles, you've already made a difference, had an impact on the world!

<edit> I had to rephrase my views on depression because I was too explicit for the swear filter here. I regret that, because it was a much more heart felt description. I said it was absolutely {excrement}. </edit>

Last edited by Digital Brains; 2015-06-28 at 12:27.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
development is continued, thanks. whatsapp started addding group chats encryption, so i'm busy implementing library backend features, no client updates until it will be implemented.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Hengelo, The Netherlands
Good to hear!

BTW, the most important reason for me not to use the official WhatsApp client is that they upload and store your complete address book without explicit consent or an option to turn this behaviour off. Even though my address book is on the whole completely uninteresting, I just don't agree. So for me it's either an alternative client that doesn't do this, or no WhatsApp.

Since there are plenty people around me who only use WA and would probably not really be very receptive me suggesting they install something else just to talk to me, this means that Mitakuuluu is a killer feature for me.

Obviously, there are many more reasons to like it! !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Digital Brains For This Useful Post:
Hi coderus, could you explain me how whatsapp finds, and then ban, those who use unofficial applications?
How mitakuuluu, and the other applications, prevents to being found?
Thank you very much!

because they own whatsapp servers and can detect differences in applications behaviour.

So the only way is keep the app stricly close to the official one?

Originally Posted by deiv View Post
So the only way is keep the app stricly close to the official one?
yes it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for the explaination

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Hello All,

I have had sometimes issues with mk3. Sometimes messages are not coming through.

For example today I checked my android WA (which is in the same group than mine mk3) and there was some messages that were not shown in mk3..

After long time not using mk3, it seems that it has been shut down. (I notice it this way that messages are not receiving and when opening mk3, it shows this authorization)

BR,
Mikko

well, i can't help you without seeing logs. also you should remember, you can't receive messages from peoples not in your contacts.

Tags
mitakuuluu