Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
According to the message that they replied, they wont unban me...
Just send them a message with another name and tell you are a new owner of this phone number, you just bought it. And you are wondering why are you unallowed to use this service

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saurus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
After complaining again, they sent me now this reply:

Hi,

It appears that you are using an unauthorized application of WhatsApp. Unauthorized applications are not supported; they contain source code which WhatsApp can not guarantee as safe. Your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties. In addition, these may not function correctly and may cease to work at any given time.

Please uninstall your application and install an authorized version from:

www.whatsapp.com/download

After installing the authorized version, please reply to this email with a screenshot or an image of your screen from inside the app.

You can refer to your phone's user manual for detail steps of taking screenshots on your device.

Please note WhatsApp only works on smartphones, non-telephony devices including tablets are not supported.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Georgia

WhatsApp Support Team
Please not the part where they say:
"Please note WhatsApp only works on smartphones, non-telephony devices including tablets are not supported."

Luckily my Samsung camera has a "3G" option, so the screenshot has an antenna indicator icon at the top, which makes it looks like a normal phone :P
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Ok, i've got another reply from them:

Hi,

It appears as if you are using a device that is running a modded and/or jailbroken operating system. Unfortunately, we do not support these operating systems, even if you are using our official client. They may contain source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe. Your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties. In addition, these operating systems may not function correctly and may cease to work at any given time. Furthermore, your device may send false messages and may lead to a ban by our system.

Please use the official operating system for your device and the official version of WhatsApp. Please also note, we do not provide support for unofficial clients or for jailbroken/unsupported devices.

To learn more about which devices are supported: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/20951556

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Georgia
Now how the hell did they see that the camera that I have is rooted!?!??!??!

Does the green or white background has a slightly different color when it's rooted!? (Some sort of root check??)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
With this reason they can ban to someone using official whatsapp on jolla (if they want).

No rights for users, no privacy and they are the leaders on messaging applications, very sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to strobovalo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
With this reason they can ban to someone using official whatsapp on jolla (if they want).

No rights for users, no privacy and they are the leaders on messaging applications, very sad.
No, the WhatsApp screenshot was taken on my Samsung Galaxy Camera, and yes it indeed rooted.

I just compared it with (non-rooted) Jolla. And guess what, the rooted device has a black line underneath the country code, while the non-rooted device is gray!!

That blackline is a very sneaky way to detect if the phone is rooted or not!!

Edit:
Added picture for comparison

Edit2: tmo compressed the pictures, making it harder to notice though
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-07-10 at 22:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
... got another reply...
(??)
Great customer service by WA Never have seen that by telegram.
Telegram do not waste time with communication to customers.
But .... there is no need to use a (special) smartphone at all. Receive SMS on very old cellphone is enough to register new device/yet another client.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:
Have there been any further incidents of blocking? I must admit that after hearing about the ones that happened here I disconnected whatsup and downloaded the android app to prevent a ban myself.

I do prefer native apps and would love to go back to whatsup. Is Cepi planning any more updates for it?

I am still using it everyday and haven't been banned yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to phillow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
That blackline is a very sneaky way to detect if the phone is rooted or not!!
You sure its not just android version that makes it different color?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
I'm unbanned now.

I will do some more tests with a couple prepaid simcards that I have over here, so maybe i can figure out what the reason might be why we are getting banned.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup