Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
well. the guy who wrote the initial artical is @mwc with all expenses covered by intex. so then, its a lame...
Well, all he said in that article was SD600 & 4G/LTE, subsequent articles claimed SD4xx & more detail on most other specs, so he may have been telling the truth about SD600 & 4G/LTE.

But in his article he did -oddly- seem to suggest, that the device being demoed in Intex's booth is "The real McCoy"...
Maybe he knows all the detail but is under a gag order, or maybe he doesn't know all the detail & those who've claimed to so far are full of it, or vice-versa, who knows.

N.B.
According to that article; all that Intex purportedly said, is that the real device is more premium...
So maybe the specs floating about are still correct, but the design/aesthetic/build-quality of the real device, is "more premium" than what's being demoed.
I hope Intex were referring to better core specs (or at least better pricing for the specs currently touted), but we'll have to W&S.

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-07-15 at 12:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Intex has confirmed that the demo device is not the actual Intex phone. The device will be launched tomorrow and is "more premium". I think the specs circulating on the Internet are of the Jolla(?) demo device seen in the pictures.
From the same news piece...

"Intex is also expected to unveil its first smartwatch at the MWC. The device, dubbed iRist, has been spotted in posters at the event, and is expected to be unveiled tomorrow, as per our correspondent."

iRist? Classy name.

Have to admit I had a chuckle... From a western PoV, yes it sounds corny...
We often see product names from vendors in China & other Asian countries that seem comical, how it comes across in a local market can be another matter though.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
a video has been posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLh2qu73YZo
and from the last image, one could conclude that they are going to release 2 phones: probably one more premium

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Oh crap, video is now private :-/

Uh oh, someone made a boo boo!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Oh crap, video is now private :-/
PR stunt ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
a video has been posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLh2qu73YZo
and from the last image, one could conclude that they are going to release 2 phones: probably one more premium
Can't see it.

However the allusion to 2 phones, and the appearance of Jollas sandwiched between plastic covers masquerading as Intex devices may mean that they've come to an agreement where Intex will sell off the remaining devices for peanuts, whilst releasing a slightly better specced device (I wouldn't hope for too much).

It would probably make sense for both companies - certainly for Jolla - as if they don't get rid of them soon they'll need to give them away. Indeed they may have already written them off and they're the sweetener that secured a deal.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I wonder if the new Intex phone(s) will work in the US.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Am I missing something? The pictures of this "new" Jolla are literally identical to the existing model

Also, what is the point of Jolla releasing a phone with only 1GB of RAM? Drives me crazy that my apps are constantly getting silently shut down.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, jolla 2