Originally Posted by chilango View Post
The only boring problem is the nokia-account setup on N9-Boot or restart.
Pop-up the SIM card holder before booting and replace afterwards and you won't get this appearing!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Danke.
That works perfectly.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Pop-up the SIM card holder before booting and replace afterwards and you won't get this appearing!
That little helpful gem needs to be displayed in one of our nice lists of "things to do in rebuilding your N9 when it's dead."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
The stock Twitter client is dead as the sign in operation no longer works.
Um... I still get tweets on mine?

Skype was supposed to have been shut down, although I never used it anyway so I can't confirm this.
Skype sort of works, but then doesn't. It is eratic, and simply behaves weirdly. Mine gets most, if not all messages people send to me, but people rarely get the outgoing messages, (text) which is what i've been using it for.
Sound is choppy, (even on WiFi) but from what i've been told, its only on my end. Not really sure what that all is about, but it's a disappointment, i used Skype, a lot. Now im stuck using it on a Galaxy Tab2 while at home, and getting no, few updates while on the move.

As for other things you should know, just make sure you download Warehouse so you can download new apps.
B!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Um... I still get tweets on mine?
Don't ever revoke the Twitter for Nokia N9 access in the app side of Twitter.com. If you do, you cannot make it work again. I know, that's my problem.

Skype sort of works, but then doesn't. It is eratic, and simply behaves weirdly. Mine gets most, if not all messages people send to me, but people rarely get the outgoing messages, (text) which is what i've been using it for.
Which... is how Skype was for me almost since the beginning on the N9. Iffy, at best.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Don't ever revoke the Twitter for Nokia N9 access in the app side of Twitter.com. If you do, you cannot make it work again. I know, that's my problem.
Ah.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Which... is how Skype was for me almost since the beginning on the N9. Iffy, at best.
Texts used to work pretty good. Well, at least as far as i could tell. A lot better then this.
B!

It looks that Nokia N9 is really dead. As I following maemo threads I see that most questions didn't find who answer. Good device bad software. That is Nokia N9 and that what will happen to all such software. A lot of names that confuse: Maemo, Meego, Nemo, Harmattan, Fremantle, Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, Sailfish, Jolla, ...etc. It is just a toy of developers. One should ask why he cannot find a free app in Google store or Appstore that cannot be installed on Android or iOS device? and why he cannot find a free app in those stores that does not function after installation? but he will find many such apps in the Linux area. I believe the developers here are only hobbyists not experienced developers. I am sorry for saying that but we (end users) are paying the price of their experiments. Of course we are the first who are responsible because we should not buy such a device while the whole subject is a failing company that tried to save itself at the last moment and put a lot of people around the world in that trap. Finally most of them escaped from this trap but there are few others who want to stay to see the end of the tragedy.

The Following User Says Thank You to wisgal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Eventually You are right and in the end it will come to that.

But I just picked up my old N9 because my Jolla started to act weird.

For me everything in N9 is still working. What is so severally broken that you can announce it dead?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@wisgal
WHAT are you talking about?

my N9 is ALIVE and will be ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
In my view, nothing is missing in N9 in terms of software. Maybe few bug fixes.
We should not blame the phone, its software and especially the developers.
Only the decisions taken by people who have (had?) control over the further fate of the system were (at least in my opinion) bad.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post: