Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Encryption system is TextSecure, relying on libaxolotl.
This library seems to have been ported to QT by CODeRUS (see https://github.com/CODeRUS/libaxolotl), although I don't know if it's well tested and working.

First step would be creating a .deb for Maemo, and then start coding the needed changes to Yappari. It seems doable given enough time.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Hi all!,

I'm having problems with the 2.0.16 version, because I'm not getting any messages sent by my contacts, I see "someone is typing" but did not get anything, any help?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by BrunoN80 View Post
Hi all!,

I'm having problems with the 2.0.16 version, because I'm not getting any messages sent by my contacts, I see "someone is typing" but did not get anything, any help?
Bruno, the likely answer lies in the posts above. Possible encryption issue being implemented.

You can perhaps help: those contacts you get nothing from, do you know what devices (iPhone, Android etc) they are using, and if you know anyone with a Blackberry or Symbian device, can you receive messages from them?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Bruno, the likely answer lies in the posts above. Possible encryption issue being implemented.

You can perhaps help: those contacts you get nothing from, do you know what devices (iPhone, Android etc) they are using, and if you know anyone with a Blackberry or Symbian device, can you receive messages from them?
I can recieve form BB, IPhone and android (don't have people with WP or Symbian as far i know).

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Quite weird, why some of us get iPhone, Android messages but others apparently not. If Whatsapp have differentially implemented encryption on the app based on platform, the server must choose between encrypted or not based on handshake (as apeman noted). And all instances of Yappari behave the same as far as the server is concerned.

Have those having trouble been banned earlier and then got themselves unbanned perhaps? Shot in the dark...

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Prague
According to my yappari.log and yappari source code(see line 1241 in connection.cpp) yappari identifies itself as platform=none

Code:
OUTGOING:
<iq>
   id=config_1
   to=s.whatsapp.net
   type=set
<config>
   lc=CZ
   lg=cs
   platform=none
   xmlns=urn:xmpp:whatsapp:push
If yappari identifies itself as S40 client platform=S40, the communication might remain unencrypted.
(My opinion is based on WHAnonymous PHP WhatsApp client documentation)

Changing line 1241 in connection.cpp
from
Code:
sendClientConfig("none");
to
Code:
sendClientConfig("S40");
might do the job..

Last edited by apeman; 2015-09-09 at 19:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apeman For This Useful Post:
I would give it a try but I do not know how to create a deb package for maemo.

I cloned the source code, I can make the change but I don't know how to build/package it.

Is there any tutorial available, how to build the deb package and how to setup a build toolchain?
Do you use Qt SDK to open yappari project? What version?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apeman For This Useful Post:
Weird thing is that we all should be hit by this, as I imagine most of us are in comms with iPhone/Android users, right?

Look at this log file snippet relating to a message I received:

Code:
INCOMING:
<notification>
   from=s.whatsapp.net
   id=3089511846
   t=1441732447
   type=encrypt
<count>
   value=0

INCOMING:
<message>
   from=xxxxxxxxxxx@s.whatsapp.net
   id=1441732441-10
   notify="Sweet Person" :-)
   t=1441732448
   type=text
<body>
   Test
There is encrypt mentioned in the notification. Does value=0 mean defer encryption?

And I am puzzled: I thought the method of Yappari evading detection as un-authorised software was by presenting itself as a symbian app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
And I am puzzled: I thought the method of Yappari evading detection as un-authorised software was by presenting itself as a symbian app.
According to this Scorpius post yappari uses "Nokia S40 method" for registration against WhatsApp server.

So changing "platform" value to "S40" might not help but I'd like to give it a try anyway..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by apeman View Post
According to this Scorpius post yappari uses "Nokia S40 method" for registration against WhatsApp server.

So changing "platform" value to "S40" might not help but I'd like to give it a try anyway..
I'll try that, I don't see that can do any harm. This new version will be ready throughout the next 24 hours.

Thanks a lot!

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari