Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
According to Jolla Zendesk, there is a shorter way to go:

Code:
devel-su                ## Use your SSH password here
ssu release 1.1.2.16    ## Your target OS version - change if needed
version --dup
Yep, I can confirm this works - went that way when I messed up my upgrade some time ago.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Have been using version "2.0" for some days now and i think they have done a very good job.
I was happy with the previous and usually don't like change, but they have polished and corrected several parts I didn't like so much.

Though, the cover actions is definitely a regression. Hope they'll reconsider.

Also hope they are done with that and start working on fixing bugs and improve the basic applications, which in my opinion are all in a basic or just-bearable states.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Goodbye OOM (lowmemorykiller), welcome SFOS 2.0 multitasking.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=59

The Following User Says Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
My son and I are quite pleased with Sailfish OS 2.0 on our Jollas. In particular the animations and event screen, and the new layout and swipes feel natural after a day. With this refresh, it almost feels like a new phone that will serve us well in the foreseeable future, even though it's the same hardware. So thank you Jolla!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
I wish either double-tap was a toggle (when the phone asleep it wakes up and vice-versa) or 'Sleep' was on a pulley menu on the home screen. I like the fact now nearly every gesture can be done with my thumb in the centre of the screen, the big exception is putting the phone to sleep.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Sort of success on the CalDAV front with Apple's CalDAV server. Entries aren't offset by an hour now in 1.1.9.28.

But now it lists one of my calendars twice (shared 'Family' calendars seem to get an entry for each user), fails to get about 2/3rds of my entries and still doesn't sync after the first sync. Progress of sorts but still unusable.

Edit: The two calendars were because one was a Calendar and the other was a ToDo. Both appeared as the same name and same colour on my Jolla. On Mac/Android the ToDo adds a checkmark so you know it's not a Calendar.

Testing SabreDAV/cPanel support now.

Edit: SabreDAV/cPanel seems to be better than iCloud for event syncing. It's not syncing on to the Jolla anything older than a couple of months old (setting somewhere?) and it's completely missing some of my more complex events with attendees and longer notes. But, edits on the Jolla and server are synced after the first sync just fine.

The cPanel CalDAV implementation only allows one calendar per user at the moment which has to be called 'Calendar' - I can't add a calendar in any client. So, as long as you keep events relatively simple, that 'works'. Unfortunately, I've got multiple calendars for Home, Work, Family... and need meeting invites working so it's too simple.

I'd love to see Sailfish 2.0 get a sync user interface so you know it's syncing and any errors. Not being able to refresh the calendar inside the calendar app is a bit rubbish - you have to switch to Settings-> Accounts. A cover action to refresh would have been useful.

Calendar events for today appear in the events view below the weather. There's a 1 pixel wide bar with the calendar colour which could be wider to be more visible. Events for tomorrow would be useful too so you know what's coming up tomorrow.

Last edited by aegis; 2015-09-28 at 16:53.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I just noticed that they removed support for Android Widgets!!?
On earlier versions, I could just add Widgets on any Android launcher. Somehow, the android dalvik does not allow this anymore, saying that this action is unsupported...!?

I also noticed that I can't use Teamviewer Quick Support either.
What the f are they doing!?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
So, I got email about 2.0 update being availeable many days ago. Not sure excatly how many days ago that was, but it was definately at least along the lines of
one ->two-> many-> many many days ago.

My phone still says that there is no update and that I'm on the latest version. Is there something that an idiot could do in this situation? Apart from doing a factory reset and spending many hours going through the incremental updates.

Im on 1.1.9.28 eineheminlampi just 3 days ago and a email announcing version 2.0 too.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Rauha, you could do this, only using version 1.1.9.28.

But it is strange. I updated my wife's unit to 1.1.7.28 this morning. Yes, that is not a typo. 1.1.7.28. Very shortly after the update, a notification popped up that another update was available, to 1.1.9.28 (a.k.a. 2.0, see ssahla's post on the next page to clear any confusion). So the mechanism works.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-09-28 at 21:51. Reason: Added refernce to ssahla's post re 1.1.9/2.0.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: