Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Yep. I wonder how I ever survive with my tablet without vital component like that. It's so painful to think that I'll have one less to spare from sizable collection of vital components left unused from previous devices...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Bull****! Selling an electronic device without a vital component like that is a sure path to a disaster.
Hmm. It's my belief that, just like the phone, the Jolla tablet has been developed more as a "proof of concept" than as a money-making product. As such, items like spare batteries or custom-designed chargers are ultimately counter-productive; you just want to get the hardware out there to advertise the operating system, not to actually build a lasting base of retail customers. So yeah, you spend the absolute minimum to design, produce, and ship out the device, and try to avoid maintenance costs as much as possible. (And I think Jolla should really not have even messed with the tablet's screen at all, just take what they already had instead...)

But anyway, just my opinion. I'm not really a stickler for hardware, so long as the thing doesn't fall apart instantly.

Why is it a disaster?

If I need a charger I go and get one, if I don't need one it is beneficial to ecology and I don't have extra parts floating around at home.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "Fanboy" or not.

And on it goes....
Jolla is slowly dissolving, day by day, service that was terrible gets worse.
Feels really not good to have been a supporter.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Hmm. Manufacturers are starting to license Sailfish, and entrepeneur employees are moving on to other projects. It feels to me like Jolla is slowly transforming into the business it had planned to be back at the start: selling software to large businesses, rather than selling hardware to individuals...

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
And on it goes....
Feels really not good to have been a supporter.
What exactly goes on. That people do not need the 36th USB charger at home?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Yep. I wonder how I ever survive with my tablet without vital component like that. It's so painful to think that I'll have one less to spare from sizable collection of vital components left unused from previous devices...
Yes, we all know already that you are in that group I mentioned in my post.

That is not meant as pejorative in any way. I consider myself a geek and I do not consider it an insult either. But, unlike you, I do realize that I do not represent the majority of potential users.

Now tell me, how many JulmaHerras does Jolla need to survive?

Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
What exactly goes on.
Sheety customer service.
Cases like this.
Or this.
Or this.
Sheety PR. You need to look no further than this very thread.
Releasing an OS update with more bugs and regressions than you can shake a stick at.
Saving pennies in the wrong place.
You must be really blind not to see the signs.

That people do not need the 36th USB charger at home?
Do people need a 36th pair of shoe laces? How stupid and annoying of Clarks to sell me shoes with another pair!

I do not have an excess of USB chargers lying around. All my chargers are fully utilized. Have you stopped to think why you have an excess? Do they by any chance come from all the devices you no longer use? Does it mean the Jolla tablet is soon going to join the ranks?

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-10-08 at 11:24.

Now tell me, how many JulmaHerras does Jolla need to survive?
I'm fairly sure that Jolla intends for companies like Intex to provide appropriate platforms for "the rest of us" (tm). Best not to compete with your own customers, anyway...

Have you stopped to think why you have an excess? Do they by any chance come from all the devices you no longer use? Does it mean the Jolla tablet is soon going to join the ranks?
I do have an excess of chargers. They do, in fact, come from devices I no longer use (my first-gen iPhone and my iPod for example). Although I no longer use them, I generally keep many of my older electronic devices around, probably for sentimental reasons. And yeah, the USB chargers have remained usable long after the devices they were purchased with have fallen apart and failed.

The Jolla tablet is, at the moment, a fairly unique device -- it runs Sailfish right out of the box. This makes it valuable. That said, the tablet's hardware is not top-of-the-line, and yes, I don't expect it to last decades. Hopefully other, better, hardware options will be available in the future...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-10-08 at 11:29.

Sheety customer service.
Cases like this.
Or this.
Or this.
the list is very long.
one more

https://together.jolla.com/question/...pair-my-phone/

Just checked on Amazon.de, a good double usb ports charger costs around 10€... Sure, they could have increased the price of 10€ and include one, but now at least you can choose the one you want :-D

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund