Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Well, at least Copernicus did not start with 'technically'
His secondary clause did. Or at least was was about to

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Ah, Amazon must be doomed! They never include chargers with their Kindles...

Or maybe they're just doing the right thing to reduce package size and electronic waste.
not that i mind the lack of a charger, but, to be fair to amazon a kindle epaper device is so low-power if doesn't matter if you use a 0.5a charger from 2010. it will do the job just fine.

bit different when you need to charge 4200mAh of tablet.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Ah, Amazon must be doomed! They never include chargers with their Kindles...

Or maybe they're just doing the right thing to reduce package size and electronic waste.
My Pebble watch and both of my rechargeable battery packs.were the same.

This was the whole point of the EU making the microusb port the standard for mobile phones - cut out the need for all the proprietary chargers.

Most people have mobile phones, which, for the most part will mean they have a charger, which then means they could charge their tablet while they're at work/out and about, and the phone at night. Games consoles, modern TVs and PCs also have USB ports, so provide further options when in use.

Personally, I charge my battery packs on my PC (faster on the USB 3.0 ports) and then charge my devices as and when required using the packs.

Perhaps a forum admin could move all the posts about the tablet shipping and delivery to another thread? The number of posts here about the charger, and about the grammar of posts about the charger, is probably higher than the number of posts about the tablet shipping. If that isn't true yet, it probably will be by tomorrow morning

HINT, HINT, HINT!!!

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Wow, i pick up my tiny voice questioning the whole crowdfunding decision and the same day head of Marketing leaves??
How can i live on with the guilt ?? wwwwwwaaaaaaa

Lol, kidding.
But the article contains a very enlightening statement regarding Jollas early marketing strategy, imho crowned by the crowdfunding decision mainly looking for max. publicity. Which i still applaud them for and thus am willing to withstand the unexpected implications.

“We didn’t have an advertising budget, so we figured out how to cut through the noisy market with bold messaging and strong positioning. We had to focus on telling the Jolla story,”

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Nice discussion here again.

Well anyhow just letting you know my tablet was shipping since yesterday with the number from DHL. So maybe next week I can read some TMO on it.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. I'm confused. Earlier Jolla had made 3 stretch goals. One was for the 128GB micro sd slot, the second was the split screen and the third was 3.5G connectivity. I thought enough was raised for the first two and not the third. Is that the case? That is no 3.5G for Jolla tablet? Thanks!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
IT IS HERE!!

No customs, no additional fees.

Unboxing now.
It has a USB charging cable but no connector to put into the wall - just what I wanted.

Photos and videos soon.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Wow, i pick up my tiny voice questioning the whole crowdfunding decision and the same day head of Marketing leaves??
How can i live on with the guilt ?? wwwwwwaaaaaaa

Lol, kidding.
But the article contains a very enlightening statement regarding Jollas early marketing strategy, imho crowned by the crowdfunding decision mainly looking for max. publicity. Which i still applaud them for and thus am willing to withstand the unexpected implications.
I honestly hope that they start to get the marketing better; as is, I was not a fan. The "story" was missing a lot of parameters and seemed to be just hinged on something that never fully came together for me... "unlike". So far, that was not a defined thing nor something I'd get behind.

But that's me. I've sorta been harsh in my critique of their marketing.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I'm confused. Earlier Jolla had made 3 stretch goals. One was for the 128GB micro sd slot, the second was the split screen and the third was 3.5G connectivity. I thought enough was raised for the first two and not the third. Is that the case? That is no 3.5G for Jolla tablet? Thanks!
You know... this was indeed a 2.5 million stretch goal, but does that include just the first push or did their 2.5 million amount get crossed on the second campaign and wasn't revisited?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund