Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yes, there was a blog entry earlier this month that apologized for the continuing delays, and gave a basic prediction for the future:

Here's a graph from that blog, showing this schedule:

https://cdn-blog.jolla.com/wp-conten...ule_image.jpeg

So yeah, there's still a couple of weeks before the second wave is scheduled to begin, and even then it'll be December before any significant volume of tablets appear...
Looks like three stages: lol
1) A wavelet
2) A wave
3) A Tsunami

Last edited by mscion; 2015-10-26 at 02:19.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I Simply lost faith in what jolla are saying. Why should we beleive this schedule? This is rediculas

Do i have My tablet in december? Lets see...

An Im out!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-10-25 at 19:03.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Hmm; I've already had moderators take a Jolla Tablet thread that I had started myself and merge it into this thread. If this is now going to become a "Lets Trash Jolla" thread, I'd prefer that a more official Jolla Tablet thread be set up... Thanks!

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-10-25 at 21:09.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I Simply lost faith in what jolla are saying. Why should we beleive this schedule?
Basically, we should believe in this schedule because Jolla has finally experienced what it takes to manufacture and deliver tablets using their partner in China. Now that they've actually manufactured a few hundred tablets, they've got knowledge of just what it takes to get components, move those components to the factory, get the factory to actually build the product, get the product out of the factory and into their fulfillment center, and finally ship the tablets out to the backers.

Personally, I'm fairly certain they'll have something for the November wave, although not a whole lot. Whether they can finish the entire Indiegogo set by December, I'm a little less confident... But still, they now know what they need to do in order to get things moving in China. (And yeah, it isn't as cheap or as simple to produce goods in China as everybody seems to think...)

Basically, we should believe in this schedule because Jolla has finally experienced what it takes to manufacture and deliver tablets using their partner in China. Now that they've actually manufactured a few hundred tablets, they've got knowledge of just what it takes to get components, move those components to the factory, get the factory to actually build the product, get the product out of the factory and into their fulfillment center, and finally ship the tablets out to the backers.

Personally, I'm fairly certain they'll have something for the November wave, although not a whole lot. Whether they can finish the entire Indiegogo set by December, I'm a little less confident... But still, they now know what they need to do in order to get things moving in China. (And yeah, it isn't as cheap or as simple to produce goods in China as everybody seems to think...)
We shouldn't forget they managed to produce 10,000 phones, its not like the whole process is new to them.

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
We shouldn't forget they managed to produce 10,000 phones, its not like the whole process is new to them.
But were they using this particular factory to do that? (And I've gotta admit, I don't understand some aspects of their phone production, such as the inability to come up with batteries for a phone that was designed to have a replaceable battery... )

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Hmm; I've already had moderators take a Jolla Tablet thread that I had started myself and merge it into this thread. If this is now going to become a "Lets Trash Jolla" thread, I'd prefer that a more official Jolla Tablet thread be set up... Thanks!
Thought of the day: if Jolla could harvest energy from all the rants about the tablet, they would have a device that is truly #people #powered

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
...they've got knowledge of just what it takes to get components, move those components to the factory, get the factory to actually build the product, get the product out of the factory and into their fulfillment center, and finally ship the tablets out to the backers.
...(And yeah, it isn't as cheap or as simple to produce goods in China as everybody seems to think...)
It is not simple to order (produce) goods in China if you need to deviate from the reference design tablet.

Because it needs a firm level of communication and clearly established requirements being understood by the equipment manufacturer.

Jolla calls for a meeting to discuss display quality found below par, asks if display can be changed to an improved model and of course the equipment manfucaturer replies with a standard "that would be no problem" ,and then it starts:

We can change display but device will be 2 mm thicker to fit.

Would that be ok for you?

No? Ok, pls wait while we find other display.

We have found display but there is problem, it need change connector and...

We can only let manufacture small batch like yours within ...delay ..

Every change Jolla has requested seemed easy on paper but will have posed delays in execution and a lot of communication headaches and back and forth sending of proto-devices to test this or that feature.

But it is not so that Jolla is sourcig and moving components to or in between factories. That is all done by the Chinese / Taiwanese.

If they say they are moving displays to the laminate factory it does not mean those European Sailors on the blog pictures are actually involved. They are doing the packaging and sending.

Jolla got this information about lamination and address writing mistakes from their equipment manufacturer.

I am actually pleased that Jolla did not compromise regarding acceptable display quality.

Q: Is there any tablet owner here that could confirm the lowest possible brightness is hurting the eyes in darkness or not? One of the features most appreciated of my old Kindle is the reading in the dark friendlyness. (better than Jolla phone)

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ finland
This just appeared in my email:
Dear Jolla Tablet contributor,

Big thanks again for completing your order for the Jolla Tablet contribution! You may have noticed from our earlier communication that we started shipping the first Jolla Tablet batch to customers, and will soon start to prepare the next batch of devices for delivery.

As you have been among the very first contributors to the Jolla Tablet campaign on Indiegogo, you have been invited to complete your order for the Jolla Tablet 32GB in the very first group. However, due to last minute changes in production scheduling, the factory was not able to assemble the 32GB version in time for the deliveries and we haven't yet dispatched your order.

We anticipate that your 32GB Jolla Tablet will ship during November. Your orders are top priority and are next in line for dispatch.

Thank you for your continued patience, we are getting there!

Sail on!
Jolla Team

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by wepjo View Post
This just appeared in my email:
So, rumor confirmed!
Thanks for sharing!!

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund