Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Thanks for sharing!!
I figured it was worth sharing...

So now I have to wait a month or two more, just because I wanted to save money and I didn't have use for 64gb? Sucks. Well, at least I now know it's on it's way. Hopefully.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
It is not simple to order (produce) goods in China if you need to deviate from the reference design tablet.

Because it needs a firm level of communication and clearly established requirements being understood by the equipment manufacturer.
I'd like to add that there also has to be strict QA in place. Back in times when N900 was created, it was also designed in Finland but made in Korean factory (if I remember it right). Behind the scenes the need for extra QA was mentioned as the manufacturers at times tried to cut costs by replacing components without notice and all that sort of things. So, it really is not something you just order and expect to be delivered, you will have to have some serious QA in place. Otherwise you will be screwed badly, especially if you are "nobody" in the business with only small manufacturing batches.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
So, rumor confirmed!
Thanks for sharing!!
I am afraid that the next wave in November is going to be only for the 32Gb devices............

Hopefully not.... wouldn't want to wait until Christmas.

...or maybe 32GB models of waves 1 and 2 arrive almost together and 64GB models of wave 2 get delayed. The tablet would make a nice xmas present though

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
But were they using this particular factory to do that? (And I've gotta admit, I don't understand some aspects of their phone production, such as the inability to come up with batteries for a phone that was designed to have a replaceable battery... )
So every new device will have delay or they have contract for life for single factory?
What a BS. They have experience with communication and delivery problems and they repeat it same way, so apparently they never learn

Oh, and stop complaining about delays, they promised to deliver at May, they would deliver at May(who cares what year and that HW is becoming old in less than a year, while they have not top one from announcement)

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
So every new device will have delay or they have contract for life for single factory?
What a BS. They have experience with communication and delivery problems and they repeat it same way, so apparently they never learn
Yup. They're just an awful, awful company. They don't know what they are doing. They are the worst hardware company ever. And I'm sure you're just giggling away behind your keyboard telling us this over and over and over again. Yup, you're the real winner here, ZogG.

Oh, and stop complaining about delays, they promised to deliver at May, they would deliver at May(who cares what year and that HW is becoming old in less than a year, while they have not top one from announcement)
Yup. So, have you purchased a new tablet lately ZogG? Because of course all of us throw out our hardware every 12 months, anything older than that is entirely useless.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
But, Cop, your "new factory" posts are just as repetitive as ZogG's "everything is lost" ones. To be fair, the "new factory" arguments sound like a desperate attempt to justify the delays. "They produced the phone, didn't they" sounds like a valid point.

Yet, your theory may stand simply because whatever teething problems they had with the factory during the phone production were less visible and all sorted out by the time they started taking preorders, unlike now. Maybe there even were fewer problems because Jolla was new and not quite so hemorrhaged of money 3 years ago with fresh investments as they are now.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Still haven't received the link to confirm shipping even though I was in the first 100 to order... what up, Jolla?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Still haven't received the link to confirm shipping even though I was in the first 100 to order... what up, Jolla?
Could be that you're waiting for a 32GB?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund