Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
News from this morning...

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kotimaa/1195...mautetaan.html

Half of staff will be on forced leave (temporary halt in jobs and salaries as an alternative to layoffs) because of financial troubles. Doesn't look good.
I am not surprised. As stated already it is bussiness that means income is needed.

Smart raise the price same day as above announced. Maybe some supporters buy one if they had not seen the price was dropped below last week.

http://shop.jolla.com/eu_en/cat-jolla/jolla-1.html

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2015-11-19 at 19:25.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Smart raise the price same day as above announced. Maybe some supporters buy one if they had not seen the price was dropped below last week.

http://shop.jolla.com/eu_en/cat-jolla/jolla-1.html
I'm wondering if I should buy a second Jolla phone as a spare part in case everything goes south with Jolla Ltd and my current Jolla phone gets broken.

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings....

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings....
She's down the cake shop

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
It was over when Marc left. It would be like Bill leaving MS or Steve leaving Apple to find new opportunities, those people don't leave a promising company or one that still has fight.

A true shame, I was in Helsinki and had a great weekend but as my Jolla has been in a boot loop with no help form them I they lost my custom. Sailfish 2.0 was a year too late and much as I tried I could never get ordinary people to see what the phone was about.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Maybe a new crowdfunding campaign?
Like this one?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Like this one?
I actually contributed, and to the follow-up. So if anyone goes to Greece. You can pick up a bottle of Ouzo

Seriously. I just twitted Jolla to convert my order to donation. Not much, but ... I hope they will continue.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, I paid extra for the 64GB model, I paid extra for the latsu case. Maybe Jolla should offer some other accessories, at a slightly elevated price, to keep afloat. I know! Many folks complained about the lack of this. How about a charger for $75. If everyone bought one, would that be a sufficient lifesaver to toss them to keep from sinking?
Seriously, how much money do they need raise to continue?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Well, I paid extra for the 64GB model, I paid extra for the latsu case. Maybe Jolla should offer some other accessories, at a slightly elevated price, to keep afloat. I know! Many folks complained about the lack of this. How about a charger for $75. If everyone bought one, would that be a sufficient lifesaver to toss them to keep from sinking?
With 10-12k orders, each would have to order 0$ cost accessory for 50$ to give them another month, financing a company for return is a bit different order of numbers than IGG/KS

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I suggested long ago they should sell T-shirts etc, easy money.

I wonder what happens with the Lastu case now? Do we get that bad boy as a little trophy of failure?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund