Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I suggested long ago they should sell T-shirts etc, easy money.

I wonder what happens with the Lastu case now? Do we get that bad boy as a little trophy of failure?
I did buy a T-shirt as part of the preorder. Maybe they should offer a I am the Last one T-shirt to go with my I am the First one t-shirt.

I also ordered the Lastu case, no idea what will happen..

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I was making the comparison between:

a) Jolla pissing off 10000 people

and

b) Jolla going immediately bankrupt.

This ridiculous comparison all started off with Dave999 stating that he preferred the latter to the former, if it would allow him to receive a tablet. I simply stated that the former was preferable to the latter.

In truth, neither is possible -- Jolla will either go belly-up (and therefore fail to ship all the tablets, as is looking more and more likely), or Jolla will find some way to pull out of its current nosedive, at which point it will be trivial for them to ship all the tablets (as money is the only thing left stopping them from doing so).

So yeah, this was never a serious conversation in the first place...
Hey, dont blame me. Not just me, but the 10000. All of them. Trust. I only stated that shipping tablets are crucial to Jolla and what it means is basically it's their top priority. Even if they have to fire all. Ship it or die trying. Only after shipment it's possible for Jolla to continue (if there is anything left).

So my point is basically what Martin asked you in the last post. And I don't think they can afford that so that's the reason behind my statement.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-20 at 04:33.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Like this one?
Who's the fat lady?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
While I guess many community members would be willing to get without the tablets they backed if it helped Jolla to get over the current crysis, there are still many others who trusted Jolla to deliver and who could generate a lot of ill will and anger if they never get what they ordered/backed.

And I'm afraid that ill will, not delivering & loosing trust is really something Jolla might not affort at a moment when critical investment rounds & licensing deals are at stake.

Also while the amount gathered in the crowdfuding campaign is not insignificant, I'm afraid it still can't "power" an undertaking of Jollas size for long.
There is most likely penalty payments if they do not take the tablets.
Plus, its nonsense to retract the tablet now that it's shippable!.
And let's remember its jolla's most acclaimed product to date.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2015-11-20 at 05:22.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I only stated that shipping tablets are crucial to Jolla and what it means is basically it's their top priority.
Um, no. Realistically, they have two top priorities right now:

a) Find more funding to allow them to maintain operations (after which purchasing and shipping more tablets will be trivial),

and

b) As was discussed in the community meeting, use whatever time and resources are left to prepare contingencies to keep the _existing_ devices up and running (this includes stable, flashable images of the latest OS versions for phone and tablet, and perhaps a start at a community-based Jolla store or other repo).

Continuing to try and push the tablet forward at this point in time is really kind of pointless.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Um, no. Realistically, they have two top priorities right now:

a) Find more funding to allow them to maintain operations (after which purchasing and shipping more tablets will be trivial),

and

b) As was discussed in the community meeting, use whatever time and resources are left to prepare contingencies to keep the _existing_ devices up and running (this includes stable, flashable images of the latest OS versions for phone and tablet, and perhaps a start at a community-based Jolla store or other repo).

Continuing to try and push the tablet forward at this point in time is really kind of pointless.
Equally important. But what business will you do when the market lose faith in your ability to deliver. 100 millions won't help you. I have seen to many focus on the money when it's the credibility and reputation that matters.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-20 at 07:00.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Equally important. But what business will you do when the market lose faith in your ability to deliver. 100 millions won't help you.
There was a time Apple borrowed $150 million from Microsoft and things worked out just fine for them. The problem with faith is that folks must be willing to give it.

I do not see a lot of that.

Almost like folks are happy to be proven right that a small company of what seems to be our peers in one fashion or another is failing. That's not how it should be. Not at all.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There was a time Apple borrowed $150 million from Microsoft and things worked out just fine for them. The problem with faith is that folks must be willing to give it.

I do not see a lot of that.

Almost like folks are happy to be proven right that a small company of what seems to be our peers in one fashion or another is failing. That's not how it should be. Not at all.
It's just envyness

I don't think that the loss of faith is completely adequate description.
I might have lost some faith as such, but I will continue to use my device.
Also, there is faith, from my side, that even if/when they die, they will work hard to ensure we - community, can keep sailfish alive.

I

Not just me, but the 10000. All of them. Trust. I only stated that shipping tablets are crucial to Jolla and what it means is basically it's their top priority. Even if they have to fire all. Ship it or die trying. Only after shipment it's possible for Jolla to continue (if there is anything left).
No, not all of them - not me, for instance.

Plus: Jolla must focus now on a product that sells - funding won't help on the long run. Therefore I suggest concentrating on what is unique and IMHO that is Sailfish, the OS, not any hardware (since TOH did not catch on). See https://together.jolla.com/question/...ance-to-focus/

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund