Active Topics

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
>has a significantly better fully laminated display

Sure - but that was one of the reasons for the delay. Jolla decided that they didn't like the original included display. It isn't that they designed in that 'significantly better fully laminated display' at the outset.
The original display was totally ****. There, I said it.

Trust me, you all are better off.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post

Good. Never wanted a tablet anyway.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post

I guess I'll have to trust you; I've never seen either tablet. Probably never will, either...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I would be 'better off' if they sent me a piece of toast.

But thanks for your honesty

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by strongm View Post

And different USB connectors? Oh, please that's hardly a design difference either.
As all the issues with the fragile N900 USB connectors have shown - sturdy USB connectors are a must! Definitely not something to underestimate.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
This community is not homogeneous. People have various interests, and the makeup of this community has changed over time due to certain devices/platforms being discontinued and new devices/platforms arriving.

Generally, if people choose not to contribute to something it's probably because:
  1. They don't have the time.
  2. They would rather spend their time doing something else.

1. is often the consequence of 2. Personally, I would rather spend time maintaining my own projects than contributing to NEMO. Also, I don't have much interest in the future of mobile, because it is clearly heading away from the idea that brought me to this community in the first place: the pocket computer. I have no interest in smartphones or tablets (as in the fondleslab tablets).
You, but i wasnt referring strictly to you, and when you read so much comment of people complaining about open sourcing sailfish because we really like that...and saying that opensourcing it would take so much people to contribute..sorry but for me is really a contraddiction seeing that, an os very similar to sailfish and completely non commercial and opensource, hasnt anyone who gives a fuack. Saying i have no time is only an excuse, since they find so much time to post complaining and disappointing comments here. in addiction you can contribute in different manners. I am not able to code but i give my enthusiasm, spread this project and make donations. So we can exclude the first option. As well, we can exclude the second, since they really like sailfish and otherwise they shouldnt waste so much time posting about it if they dont care about it. the conclusion is easy:
too much, as in real world, want things just ready to use, free and well manteined. they are not going to waste effort in helping what they seems to like, they only want to enjoy it. And of course, if somehow the product isn't free, isn't open, or isn't perfect, ones who have spent their time on it are to blame. Too many directors, too little workers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I guess I'll have to trust you; I've never seen either tablet. Probably never will, either...
You are probobly better off without it. was probobly pretty shitty anyways.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You are probobly better off without it. was probobly pretty shitty anyways.
No, the tablet is the best I've ever used. I really hope they get shipped.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
No, the tablet is the best I've ever used. I really hope they get shipped.
Really? How many tablets have you used? What can it do that other tablets can't?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Is it the same Style? I've got both at home (lucky me) and they look "completely" different.
The tablet is rounded on the short edge, and flat on the long. Just like a TOH.

I saw the picture of the Aigo back when you all grabbed your pitchforks, and I saw an identical design, sold only in China, six months after the Jolla fundraiser. As I said before, selling the design in a country they weren't selling the tablet in was a good fundraising step. Didn't they announce several months after the campaign that they were withdrawing it in China due to regulatory problems? That must have been the trigger.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post: