My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
yeah but fact stands KDE is better than Gnome

trolololol
Both sucks!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Au contraire, mon ami. There has been a lot of talk about Ubuntu Touch on TMO. See https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55. Meizu MX4 and BQ Aquaris E4.5 have been mentioned specifically.

I have not tried it myself although perhaps I should. The feeling I get from other members' posts is generally negative, although most arguments feel very vague. It sounds almost like the posters feel obliged to find Sailfish superior to anything else at any cost.
Two words: No multitasking.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
yeah but fact stands KDE is better than Gnome

trolololol
nonono vim is better than emacs

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
And there was me thinking that if we could all get behind a pile of smartwatch like systemd, we'd all be able to work together.

You're all totally right. It's been fantastic. Is fantastic. That's why it is and continues to be such a unparalleled success story, right? The level of delusion is still brimming over.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
You're all totally right. It's been fantastic. Is fantastic. That's why it is and continues to be such a unparalleled success story, right? The level of delusion is still brimming over.
There are a lot of people which love Sailfish and their Jolla. So obviously Jolla has done a lot of things right. Of course there are things which every individual would do different. But if you be honest to yourself, you don't know if that really have brought more success.

And if you think even further, weren't there a lot of brilliant products in the past which weren't successful? And weren't there a lot of products which were not really good and succeeded anyway?

And no there is often no obvious cause for a flop, like bad marketing, bad design or things like that. Often the only explanation was and is, that the market isn't ready for a product like this.

On the other hand there are a lot products which only succeeded because there was a huge company in the background, like the iPhone or Goggle Chrome:

The iPhone succeeded because it delivered something new, a fresh design and there was a well known and popular brand behind. The first iPhone itself was rubbish when it hit the market and there were a lot phones which were MUCH better.

Chrome is still rubbish (yes I know it is fast - but what else). Nobody wanted to have it at the beginning. Chrome only succeeded because Google decided after the very poor start to spread it like a virus. You downloaded a software and installed with it the unwanted package of Chrome and set it as the the main browser. Of course you always had the choice to opt out. But I still would call such a behaviour as a drive-by-infection. Which was in plain terms only possible with A LOT of money.

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2015-11-30 at 09:07.

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Chrome is still rubbish (yes I know it is fast - but what else). Nobody wanted to have it at the beginning. Chrome only succeeded because Google decided after the very poor start to spread it like a virus. You downloaded a software and installed with it the unwanted package of Chrome and set it as the the main browser. Of course you always had the choice to opt out. But I still would call such a behaviour as a drive-by-infection. Which was in plain terms only possible with A LOT of money.
I am not an advocator of Chrome; but i'd say they were the first ones to push "proper" javascript debugging.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
I am not an advocator of Chrome; but i'd say they were the first ones to push "proper" javascript debugging.
... But you will agree, that can't be the reason, why Chrome is successful. Probably 90% of it's users don't even know what javascript is.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Yup. You don't become successful in this industry by giving control to users or respecting their privacy. You do it by making your stuff pretty, making it easy for people to use your stuff, or getting away with making it hard not to.

The best Sailfish can hope for here is a power user niche, but they haven't been very successful in targeting that. They're split between android fans in denial about what google has become, die-hard open sourcers who are throwing themselves behind ubuntu and blackberry hackers.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund