Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
man...... can we go back to "is water really wet"?
or a plane on a treadmill.
That... was quite possibly the most fun part of this thread. I am still in awe of how deep that one quip was taken and rationalized. Heck... let's see if we can manufacture another tangent whilst waiting on news.

My only question though - do people truly need a tablet or are we just being conditioned to want one?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That... was quite possibly the most fun part of this thread. I am still in awe of how deep that one quip was taken and rationalized. Heck... let's see if we can manufacture another tangent whilst waiting on news.

My only question though - do people truly need a tablet or are we just being conditioned to want one?
No. people dont neeed a tablet.
I wanted it for testing. But, will rather give that away to help just a little bit in them getting back on their feets.
Then, i will probably buy more.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

I don't need Anything from Jolla. No one does. Really. Just want to try it.

I don't like tricksters either. You deliver or you go home(out of business).

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Awwwh! Thank you kindly sir/ma'am. I really appreciate your style of rehashing the same stuff all based on things that happened when Nokia was still shipping products we'd probably purchase and whatnot.
Is it me repeating the same things or is it companies that promise us to change do the same mistakes again and again?

You're awesome!!
Thanks

I just might be 100% wrong after all. At least I can admit that.
Is it about wrong or right? or is it about having an argument and just throwing opinions as statements without any explanation. After all — all of us can be wrong, but we can have opinion and we can see results. I could use "told you so" so many times here, but still people would not listen to me, but for some reasons if you have a lot of thanks and better in writing you can just throw few sentences and people would build you a statue Is it about self confidence?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Is it about self confidence?
No, it is about what people want to hear. Truth has nothing to with it. Feed the people cosy bullsht and they will swallow it with the hook and build you a shrine. Feed them an uncomfortable truth and they will throw stones at you. That's how the world works.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb

the one from jolla or in general?
The thing is, I also was never a tablet guy. But this summer I was using one extensively during the field work. I badly needed google maps with satellite images of terrain. And since I already had one with LTE I also transfered all the datasheets that I needed so I used it for work also. Nothing demanding, but still, it was used for work not just for consuming premade content. At the end, way more practical than carrying a laptop. Not as comfortable for typing but trade off was acceptable.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Is it me repeating the same things or is it companies that promise us to change do the same mistakes again and again?
Honestly, it's more about you still being stuck in the past.

But if you want your statements to become an ongoing truth; I'm game. The thought that companies make decisions (and failures) based on how much income it will generate for them short-term and long-term always needs to be incorporated for one major reason - we matter only when our money is involved. Otherwise, they will close.

Is it about wrong or right?
I picked my words carefully. It's only about being wrong or right. Absolutely nothing else is needed to be added to that sentiment.

Allow me to state this simply and literally (read: take every word literal). I'm human, liable to err, I do have my own opinions but I have no ego invested in these conversations and I acknowledge that I can be very wrong. Look at my past; when proven wrong, I have thanked those that have corrected me. It is how I learn.

Nothing else needs to be added by you to the above statement.

I could use "told you so" so many times here...
Then do so. Nobody is stopping you. We may form our own opinion as to why you'd do so. But in the end, nothing can argue with fact - well, you can argue facts but that's a foolish endeavor.

but still people would not listen to me, but for some reasons if you have a lot of thanks and better in writing you can just throw few sentences and people would build you a statue. Is it about self confidence?
It's all about the ability to communicate and seem open to discussion. I've watched you, you just do not seem to be open to discussion; you're more susceptible to "I'm right, you're wrong" type of monologues. I personally prefer to avoid that type of person in real life; I have more power to avoid that type of person on the Internet (read: blocked user lists, never go back to that website/forum and call it a day for instance)

My self-confidence is rarely utilized here at TMO. So if you want to factor it in, that's all on you. We just differ in our approach to discussion and that shows.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
No, it is about what people want to hear. Truth has nothing to with it. Feed the people cosy bullsht and they will swallow it with the hook and build you a shrine. Feed them an uncomfortable truth and they will throw stones at you. That's how the world works.
What folks want to hear in this thread is perhaps threefold:
  • Jolla will ship the tablets soon.
  • Jolla has secured financial backing indefinitely and will improve their offerings to our collective liking.
  • The N900 is the best mobile computer ever created
Oh... and certain individuals are always right, we're all wrong, kowtow to their superiority.

Or something like that. Now... can we get back to discussing other things instead? Or if you want to continue down this personal path of trying to figure out why Person A has more thanks/dislikes than Person B, or some other alpha/beta look into somebody else's stance, hit me up via DM, email or otherwise.

Back to the subject at hand (at this moment) - the Jolla tablet, or better yet any other device that is not Google Android and Apple iOS based - tends to a device utilized for media consumption that might require a bigger screen. Later, it was utilized to include productivity - such as MS Office going mobile for instance. Now? Tablets are an entity but not one I've ever been sold on that we truly need. No use case lands solidly and exclusively in "tablet-land". Banking, surfing the web, watching Netflix - I can do that on my phone or my laptop for instance.

I could name more use cases - system admin (also from phone), server updates/deployment (also from phone), quick code editing, even ideating projects and creating assets can all be done from a mobile device like a phone and isn't exclusive to a tablet. Perhaps input (via stylus) lends itself to precision whereas finger input is rather imprecise.

Just a random thought whilst waiting on news from Jolla.

What folks want to hear in this thread is perhaps threefold:
  • Jolla will ship the tablets soon.
  • Jolla has secured financial backing indefinitely and will improve their offerings to our collective liking.
Exactly. Truth has nothing to do with it. Thanks for confirming my point.

Oh... and certain individuals are always right
Exactly. Regardless of how many facts are thrown in their face, they will always choose to ignore them because They Know They Are Right™.

Truth has nothing to do with it.

Tablets are an entity but not one I've ever been sold on that we truly need. No use case lands solidly and exclusively in "tablet-land". Banking, surfing the web, watching Netflix - I can do that on my phone or my laptop for instance.

I could name more use cases - system admin (also from phone), server updates/deployment (also from phone), quick code editing, even ideating projects and creating assets can all be done from a mobile device like a phone and isn't exclusive to a tablet. Perhaps input (via stylus) lends itself to precision whereas finger input is rather imprecise.

Just a random thought whilst waiting on news from Jolla.
You are right. All these tasks can be done by a small factor device, like a phone. But a bigger factor does it better. I use different size screwdrivers too. Don't you?

Also, don't forget that some people, like for example my kids, don't even have a phone. They don't need a phone. A tablet fits their requirements perfectly.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Please fill in the blank:

I want a Jolla tablet because...

For me...

I want a Jolla tablet because when my wife hogs the nytimes I read the electronic version on our ipad - But I'd rather read it on a Jolla tablet.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund