Active Topics

Originally Posted by jem555 View Post
Thanks. I've changed ownership to nemo.nemo and now it shows a black screen. Before changing this it showed Cyanogenmod startup (language selection) but couldn't move forward as the touchscreen wasn't working. I'll do some tests and I'll tell you back.

Edit: Could this be related to Cyanogen version.? I installed SFOS with CM12.1.
This could very well be the case, this is built against cm11. Which version of CM did you use when it worked?

EDIT:
Regarding sfdroid and input, can someone try running this command:
# while true; do if [ -f /tmp/sfdroid/have_focus ]; then echo "focus"; else echo "no focus"; fi; sleep 1; done

and minimizing/maximizing sfdroid while this is running? It should print "focus" if the window is maximized and "no focus" otherwise, if it does not switch between "focus" and "no focus" we know where the issue lies. But i would be suprised if this is the problem, because on my Jolla the file gets created/deleted correctly. But BluesLee said input works when restarting sfdroid which would indicate that there really is something wrong with file creation when focus is gained.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by liar View Post
This could very well be the case, this is built against cm11. Which version of CM did you use when it worked?

EDIT:
Regarding sfdroid and input, can someone try running this command:
# while true; do if [ -f /tmp/sfdroid/have_focus ]; then echo "focus"; else echo "no focus"; fi; sleep 1; done

and minimizing/maximizing sfdroid while this is running? It should print "focus" if the window is maximized and "no focus" otherwise, if it does not switch between "focus" and "no focus" we know where the issue lies. But i would be suprised if this is the problem, because on my Jolla the file gets created/deleted correctly. But BluesLee said input works when restarting sfdroid which would indicate that there really is something wrong with file creation when focus is gained.
Well, I ran the command and indeed works as it should be. Focus only when it's selected and no focus in any other instance. I've tried all combinations. Anyway touchscreen never worked for me. Even restarting sfdroid.
The only thing I can tell that now zygote process is eating my battery...it's keeps at 50% of cpu all the time. I'll dig a little more.
Next thing I'm going to try is a new installation of SFOS with CM11. I'll let you know what happens there.

EDIT: I've tried using CM11 and still the same...no touch.

EDIT:liar, I was wrong when I told you in my message it was 2.0 cause the new tests were in 1.1.9.28 as I said before I would. So, do you think the problem could be the distro then?
But I didn't try the other libinput in 2.0. Could it make the difference? Let's see...I'll let you know.
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

Last edited by jem555; 2015-12-16 at 03:09.

Originally Posted by jem555 View Post
Well, I ran the command and indeed works as it should be. Focus only when it's selected and no focus in any other instance. I've tried all combinations. Anyway touchscreen never worked for me. Even restarting sfdroid.
The only thing I can tell that now zygote process is eating my battery...it's keeps at 50% of cpu all the time. I'll dig a little more.
Next thing I'm going to try is a new installation of SFOS with CM11. I'll let you know what happens there.

EDIT: I've tried using CM11 and still the same...no touch.

EDIT:liar, I was wrong when I told you in my message it was 2.0 cause the new tests were in 1.1.9.28 as I said before I would. So, do you think the problem could be the distro then?
But I didn't try the other libinput in 2.0. Could it make the difference? Let's see...I'll let you know.
can you check if input also works with the newest upload?

i have an idea to make skipping events more reliable (not implemented yet) in corner cases which have not occured as of yet but ideally we would probably use something like uinput.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Mentioned version v0.7 is a progress, you can switch between sfos and cm without losing touch in cm. Good work liar and nh1402.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Great!!!. As BluesLee said...it doesn't lock up on changing focus.

What I can tell you is that wifi has problems... it's constantly reporting errors and also has problems with low wifi signal. It does not happen on sailfish where signal is good.

Good job guys!
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

So i'm experiencing the same issue encountered earlier in this thread where after successfully flashing Sailfish 1.1.9.28 to my Nexus 5 via multi MultiRom it hangs at the google logo indefinitely. I wasn't sure what steps were taken to resolve it previously aside from deleting sailfish and flashing again (which ive tried) and multiple reboots. Has anyone encountered this recently or are there new thoughts? It seemed the Mer wiki talks about order or loading property files?

I have Cyanogen 12.1-20150901-snapshot successfully working as the main rom. I installed Ubuntu touch from MultiRom as a secondary and that boots fine as well. Seems just Sailfish is having the problem.

Edit: just noticed that this port was built off of 11 version of hammerhead. will try using that specific version instead of 12.1.

Edit2: That was it, I was using the 12.1 CM base image for flashing sailfish instead of the cm-11-20141008-SNAPSHOT-M11-hammerhead.zip one. Using the CM 11 image I'm finally in and able to try Sailfish for the first time.

Last edited by Drekkie; 2015-12-17 at 20:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
So i'm experiencing the same issue encountered earlier in this thread where after successfully flashing Sailfish 1.1.9.28 to my Nexus 5 via multi MultiRom it hangs at the google logo indefinitely. I wasn't sure what steps were taken to resolve it previously aside from deleting sailfish and flashing again (which ive tried) and multiple reboots. Has anyone encountered this recently or are there new thoughts? It seemed the Mer wiki talks about order or loading property files?

I have Cyanogen 12.1-20150901-snapshot successfully working as the main rom. I installed Ubuntu touch from MultiRom as a secondary and that boots fine as well. Seems just Sailfish is having the problem.

Edit: just noticed that this port was built off of 11 version of hammerhead. will try using that specific version instead of 12.1.

Edit2: That was it, I was using the 12.1 CM base image for flashing sailfish instead of the cm-11-20141008-SNAPSHOT-M11-hammerhead.zip one. Using the CM 11 image I'm finally in and able to try Sailfish for the first time.
Hi. You can use CM12.1. In any case you have to flash with a patched kernel for this to boot. Try flashing android stock kernel patched. You can get it from xda-dev forum.
Anyway, if you want to try this, only with CM11 worked for me.

Does anyone know if it it possible to extract the maps application and the Exchange support from a Jolla device that one owns and to install that into a Nexus 5 Sailfish device that one owns?

These are the two things that are really missing.

Originally Posted by oenone View Post
Does anyone know if it it possible to extract the maps application and the Exchange support from a Jolla device that one owns and to install that into a Nexus 5 Sailfish device that one owns?

It can be done by using the download only switch of pkcon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gexc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oenone View Post

yes its very possible. Well atleast the maps

zypper install --download-only

/var/cache/zypp/packages

Never tried the exchange stuff