Active Topics

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Thanks to all translators!!! But I still need your help!!!

Voicecall combined patch doesn't have these translations:
* German
Done.

btw: no remark

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-12-31 at 16:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
you listed voicecall-combined-patch twice...
Where?

@romu
me too

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Where?
Nowhere!

I thought so but it might have been a copy/paste mistake by myself.
BUT I detected that immediately and am sure I edited my post to remove that Hmm, but now I did

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

'Force large covers' and 'Always show close icon' is actually such a good combo! I'm so glad, SF2s ui paradigm feels much more logical to me this way, along with nonpaged launcher and 'quick settings on power menu'. Now top edge swipe open toggles while closing apps is still enough acessible without additional tap&hold, long tap kinda irritates me anyway.

Also, pointless and not pretty 'handle' of the launcher is easily hideable, which finetunes the ui experience. I just renamed the png-s.

Last edited by veeall; 2016-01-01 at 01:23.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Hi guys, Happy New Year and all the crappola!,

Question;
I've made a patch for bigger system fonts throughout the UI.
I have changed the fonts manually to get the desired effect, but an actual patch would be good - certainly for those of us with not-so-good eyesight. ô¿ô
I realise this 'idea/app' may not appeal to many of you young whipper-snappers with near 20/20 vision, but I'm in my mid 40's and 'thangs ain't what they used to be'!

My problem;
My patch installs, it shows in patchmanager, but it just won't apply..? - I'm pretty certain it is my unified_diff.patch file that contains the problem - this is mainly because I'm not fully sure what I'm doing. I really have made hundreds of adjustments but still cannot get the patch to actually apply.

I have used the command 'diff' on 2 files to get the patch data, but how do I successfully 'diff' between 2 folders, especially when those 2 folders sit among 4 others. No matter how I do it, my results do not work - my head is starting to hurt!

Now, rather than telling me to "GO AND LEARN LINUX/QML/SFOS-SDK", could someone take me under their wing and guide me through what is left of making this patch work - I'd really appreciate the help!, by the way, I am learning about all the aspects of this wonderful OS, but my study time is limited and sometimes a nudge in the right direction is all that's required and not a bunch of cryptic answers that confuse me even more

If anyone is willing to help, that would be great, upon someone offering their help, I'll upload the relevant files.

Regards,

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2016-01-01 at 17:54. Reason: grammar correction

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
copy all files you want to edit to one folder?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
copy all files you want to edit to one folder?
(I think I misunderstand your comment)....?, you mean put all contents in one folder and do diff command to get patch data?)

Thanks coderus, not quite one folder, but a .rar file containing my RPM for patch and files I want to add. Also contains .txt file from me with what I'd like to achieve. Hope it makes sense to you - my head hurts!

Dropbox download; https://www.dropbox.com/s/teyb67xhvq...fonts.rar?dl=0

I mean copy all original files to one folder, make changes, and then make diff for all files in folder to single patch. open it and fix paths to files inside patch to actual locations.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
I mean copy all original files to one folder, make changes, and then make diff for all files in folder to single patch. open it and fix paths to files inside patch to actual locations.
I understand, thanks. Now to put it into practice, Think I will eat first, my concentration is waning.

Sorry for confusion, still a bit hungover here. Have a laugh at the patch I made, you know you want to!

Regards,

best way is to have actual tree inside folder (c:\bla-bla\patches\my-super-patch\source\usr
c:\bla-bla\patches\my-super-patch\source\usr\share
etc.)
and use git in commandline or any tool, init folder and commit original files, and then you only need to produce git diff to file and output will be your final patch you can test in patchmanager directly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os