Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Don't trust Finnish people anymore
Tell me about it... I had just short of eight grand invested in a mining company in north-of-finland, and it went bankrupt.
Trading was suspended and the stocks annulled. bummer.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Tell me about it... I had just short of eight grand invested in a mining company in north-of-finland, and it went bankrupt.
Trading was suspended and the stocks annulled. bummer.
Canadian owned (North American Gold Inc)Northland? or
Talvivaara? Both went south last year...You need to lose to win since we learn from mistakes.

So what have we learned by backing Jolla?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-01 at 23:13.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Please see my edit:

Do you really think it is a good reputation for a company?
Is it fair to have not payed Lastu?
To consume the 'donated' money for Lastu cases as well as for shipping (and also 64GB upgrade)? (not sure if that would really count as donations!)
and so on ...

--furthermore
I wondered why we do not have the tag "TabletGate"?
So I went to add it but was not allowed as maximum number of tags exceeded and I am not allowed to edit existing.
So I'd like to ask any tag creator to change his tag as I think that matches best.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2016-01-02 at 12:48.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Canadian owned (North American Gold Inc)Northland? or
Talvivaara? Both went south last year...You need to lose to win since we learn from mistakes.

So what have we learned by backing Jolla?
Yep, Indiegogo campaigns are bullocks, and that one should not do any further dealings with Jolla, or any company recruiting its employees, current or former.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I wondered why we do not have the tag "TabletGate"?
Well it would finally fit to rename the whole thread to "TabletGate" after New Years annoucement imho. @Dave999?

Whatever the compensation might be, i do not expect it to be a Tablet anymore and honestly, if asked whether to opt in for additional ~200€ to acquire a Intex whateverfish Device, i would happily do with both of my contributions.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I was trying to change the title to: TabletGate 2016

Unfortunately there is a limit of number of name changes or some mod ****ed up the thread badly. I guess we will never know the truth.

i havent really followed the whole tablet campaign or anything, but cant you just ask for refund? or will they ship tablets after 2016 finally? doesnt sound legal to just accept money and give nothing back

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I was trying to change the title to: TabletGate 2016

Unfortunately there is a limit of number of name changes or some mod ****ed up the thread badly. I guess we will never know the truth.
Fortunately this mystery can be solved:
you are only allowed to edit a thread's title for a specified amount of times (or a speficied date after thread creation, I always forget which one).
So now you need to ask politely to have this thread renamed by a moderator (e.g. by reporting your first post or PM).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
«We might even have some positive surprises in stock for you. But more on that will follow, feel free to speculate!»
Lol, what? In other words "We screw you, but you'll get free candy. Wanna talk about it?"

Btw, I wonder would it be surprise like with special edition Jolla Phone for first wave, that became special TOH, that was just special colour and ringtone, which was sold at shop after all Or would be this surprise like promised opensourcing few years back?
I think if they fail on their promises so much, they need to do more than a "surprise" and moreover asking for people to be positive and speculate.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Fortunately this mystery can be solved:
you are only allowed to edit a thread's title for a specified amount of times (or a speficied date after thread creation, I always forget which one).
So now you need to ask politely to have this thread renamed by a moderator (e.g. by reporting your first post or PM).
Ok, thx.
I try to stay away from the mod/admin or you will be shoot in the back
Tread title is fine

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund