Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by duesselschorsch View Post
Hi,
I just noticed that I missed a message as well yesterday, coming from an android user. The user said one tick was shown, i.e. not delivered to the mobile (I think). I didn't get any notification. Here are some excerpts from the log, it seems to have something to do with encryption:

<message from="xxx@s.whatsapp.net" id="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" notify="Someone" t="1452872879" type="text">
<enc type="pkmsg" v="1">
(some encrypted characters following)
Encoding message from xxx@s.whatsapp.net
OUTGOING:
<receipt id="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" to="xxx@s.whatsapp.net" type="error">
<error type="plaintext-only">
</error>
</receipt>

I did some tests yesterday with another phone running android whatsapp, normally the message seems to be re-sent in plaintext by the other phone when my mobile sends this plaintext-only error message, but in this case it didn't.
I don't think my phone was offline at that time, there are no notifications that it went only shortly before getting that message.

If more information or more excerpts from the logfile are needed, please PM me.
someone just need to implement e2e encryptioin to whatsup.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Whatsup is just a native client of WhatsApp.
So if WhatsApp shares it with Facebook, then there is nothing that Whatsup can do about that.
It seems I didn't frame my question properly, Mitakuuluu used to not automatically upload your contacts to Whatsapp to see who existed and who didn't, as far as I can tell Whatsup does.

1. Am I correct in this observation?

2. Can I control this very undesirable behavior?

As a side note it would be very much appreciated by people like me that this behavior was either mentioned as a warning in the pages explaining about the program or that before it does the act it asks "may I" and if the answer is "no" and it absolutely has to be "yes" to be able to function, quit the application.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keeper of the Keys For This Useful Post:
Do we have any indicator at all whether the encryption implementation is being worked at ( for WhatsUp) or are we in the dark, thus should rely on Android WhatsApp!?

Any chance someone in the know can answer my question above?

OT: If I use the android version I can Jolla provides me with the control to ban it from accessing my contacts correct?

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Originally Posted by Keeper of the Keys View Post
Any chance someone in the know can answer my question above?

OT: If I use the android version I can Jolla provides me with the control to ban it from accessing my contacts correct?

AFAIK WhatsUp shares all your contacts with Whatsapp, yes, no way to choose (like it was in in Mitakuuluuu) which contacts to share.

And yes, you can ban Android from accessing your contacts, but then the Whatsapp application won't start (I just tried it out on the latest early access 2.0.1.7 SailfishOS)

I was banned in wa. So here is the way I solved it. Maybe useful for others.

Recommendation:

you already got wu installed and the config file is still there.

Got you're account unbanned by wa support.
Install regular whatsapp and register your phone.
then quit the application (closing like any other android application)
download from openrepos aliendalvik-superuser by coderus
search via google for "passwordextractor apk smorra"
install the application.
run the application
grant root access
take the given password and enter it into wu config.

AND THEN UNINSTALL ANDROID WHATSAPP TO PREVENT TRYIN TO ACCESS WITH MULTIPLE CLIENTS

Maybe this helps somebody. For me the advantage was that the register process is made by offical wa (so no uncertainty like usin wart). Was afraid to get banned immedeately again.

ahoy

Registration not working anymore. Message old version. I am using the latest Whatsup. 0.2.4. Can it be fixed soon?

Originally Posted by richdb View Post
Registration not working anymore. Message old version. I am using the latest Whatsup. 0.2.4. Can it be fixed soon?
look at the post abive yours to get wu registered. and it will be fixed when the anonymous guys are still able to continue theire work...

until then -> patience

ahoy

I will, just asking

Just posting to add/confirm that for me whatsup (v.0.2-4) is also suffering from the 'not receiving all messages from iPhone users' error. This started to happen last week.

Last edited by ThomasAH; 2016-01-21 at 17:25.

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup