Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Is it not just a simple case that Jolla had or tried to do several things. ie Pay staff, develop OS 2.O. Design and build a tablet etc etc.

All these things are/were linked.

They had monies from coming from various sources grants, sales? indigogo etc.

This was all linked and used in various ways to achieve their goals.

Sadly the money ran out just a little too soon...

Just think what conversations we would be having now, if they had managed to pull it off!

No one would be asking how that Euro was raised and how it was spent..

so near ....yet so far......

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Le Pad J? That's downright horrific yet meme-worthy.
Coming from you, I'm honored!

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/meme-worthy

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Coming from you, I'm honored!

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/meme-worthy
LePad From J Will be SuperbAwesomeDeluxe.

Now when we have the name and the OS we just need a HW company stupid enough to help jolla and ship 10000 tablets for free and in return they can use sailfish for free for 3 years in all devices.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Would the changelog not be the first place you've looked for this information?

2.0 Saimaa changelog... and there's other versions including the latest version 2.0.1.x.

It was a major OS release with many tweaks visible as well as under the hood. Taking a year is not outside the realm of things.

I'll keep it simple. Do I think it was worth 2.5 million dollars? No. But a scalable OS that remedied and perhaps backfilled all of the other issues that 1.0 invariably had... it might prove to be a worthy investment if licensing takes off and manufacturers decide whatever hardware they want to do/use and can do so.

But that matters none to us; we want our tablets we paid for, right? Not the investment into making their OS scalable. The argument that it should have been as such from day one is moot. It's there now. But at the expense of the user backed tablets.

So back to you. What are you asking exactly? Why did it take a year to produce a major update to Sailfish or are you asking why it cost 2.5 million and the tablets?

Or am I misreading what you're inquiring... which is a very possible outcome. And since my words have been taken wrongly in the past; do understand that I'm genuinely curious and wonder what you're inquiring. Thanks in advance.
There was discussion how hard it's to make update to support OS. And that a lot of work was done. So I'm trying to understand what exactly was done for tablet and why it cost so much. I see changelog but i do not see a lot of tablet specific updates, I just see update with most changes not related to tablet. So another question what would Jolla do regarding Os update if they would not get those money for tablet?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What are the scam bags doing at Jolla office? No news today I fear.

2 days to go.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-20 at 18:20.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
There was discussion how hard it's to make update to support OS.
I'm quite sure you already knew that. But again... what are you questioning?

And that a lot of work was done.
Glad you acknowledge this. The question still stands...

So I'm trying to understand what exactly was done for tablet and why it cost so much.
200 or so employees, most of them engineers, working on the OS. Working with potential partners, ODM's... trips and consulting as well as revisions and research into future iterations of hardware.

Shipping, sales, consumer support and marketing. It all adds up. As a business owner, I've seen budgets of 2.5 million come and go in under a year and I had less than 30 employees.

So another question what would Jolla do regarding Os update if they would not get those money for tablet?
This is a good question.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
So when are they shipping the tablets?
They are shipping 10,000 little blue tablets to help IGG backers forget about 'TabletGate'.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
They are shipping 10,000 little blue tablets to help IGG backers forget about 'TabletGate'.
These ones?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
These ones?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ra_in_Pack.jpg
We're on the receiving end of those... it seems.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post

http://marxoft.co.uk/static/images/m...lla_tablet.jpg
Cyanide?

Ten characters.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund