Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by chenca View Post
thaibill,

Do you have two Memory Cards mounted in your 770 ?
LightMediaScanner don't scan unmounted mounting points (/media/mmc1, /media/mmc2)
Here are the results for the mount command.

/dev/mtdblock4 on /mnt/initfs type jffs2 (rw)
none on /mnt/initfs/proc type proc (rw)
none on /mnt/initfs/sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /mnt/initfs/tmp type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock4 on / type jffs2 (rw,rpsize=1024,rpuid=0,rpuid=30000)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /media/mmc2 type ext2 (rw)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /media/mmc1 type vfat (utf8,uid=29999,shortname=mixed)

Thaibill

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@stellmaverick We are trying to figure out what is happening with you, we will keep you informed.

Thaibill : The 770 has only one card, mmc2 I think is really not a real flash memory on your 770.. you are using HE right?

Sorry for the delays guy we are trying to replicate this bug (if it's a real bug) and fix it

BR
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

I am having the same problem!

I upgraded Canola2 from beta 4 to 5 and everything was fine... I tried the canola-cleanup to see if it can only delete the downloaded album arts and it uninstalled canola completely (I didn't know that this was an uninstalling script ). Then I re-installed canola2 beta5 and this is the beginning of my "no items found" problem!...

I have tried the following: running Canola-cleanup, deleting the database, renaming my music folder (worked once), checked and unchecked the audio, video, photo settings and applying, checked with diskutility (through my Mac), etc. I haven't formatted the card because it doesn't have errors (checked)!...

The system is a Nokia N800 with OS2008 SE (Latest) and the music is located in the internal card mmc2 (SDHC 8GB).

Ps. Sorry for my poor English!

Unm,

now you told us something important the procedure to replicate. We will try to replicate to see what can be the cause, maybe you spoted a issue with the cleanup, but it would be weird ; /

Don't worry with the english, We are brazilians, and I think I commit 76% of all grammar errors here in ITT forum

So, thanks for the info we will go for it and keep you informed ! Sorry for the trouble!

Marcelo

I just updated my N810 to the latest beta and Canola can't find any media either. All three eyes are checks.

BTW, couldn't I drill in and specify certain subdirectories before? Where did that feature go?

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.

I'll tell you what the Canola did seem to add though. The feature where my mini SD disappears.

Geesh.

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.

A reboot seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by handful View Post
@stellmaverick We are trying to figure out what is happening with you, we will keep you informed.

Thaibill : The 770 has only one card, mmc2 I think is really not a real flash memory on your 770.. you are using HE right?

Sorry for the delays guy we are trying to replicate this bug (if it's a real bug) and fix it

BR
I am using OS2006 firmware for the 770 with the latest update. It is official Nokia firmware. Whereas, HE (Hacker Edition) is non-official firmware.

The 770 uses one card. Mine is a Kingston 2gb MMCMobile card partitioned to /media/mmc1 (FAT32), /media/mmc2 (ext2) and swap. The instructions are by BanditRider and is the second message at the following link.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ghlight=rs-mmc

Thaibill

I am having a problem with songs showing up in my list to (or lack of). I thought it was originally that it didn't check subdirectories but when I moved the songs up to the top, it still wouldn't find them.

Please give us more information:

What device do you have? N800
What firmware do you use ? OS2008
What version of Canola? beta5
Do you have Canola-Cleanup ?yes, reinstalled, same thing. video works though
INternet radio works too. Just the songs. I have my songs located in /media/mmc1/Music

@thai : aha! ok, so you have a totally different (and unexpected to canola) setup. Yah we forgot to test that case on 770. We will look forward to see what we can do! sorry for the trouble :/

@cLin : it seems that some users are facing this problem, that maybe related to some failure in the scanner that we are not yet able to reproduce. Can you please do the following : run canola in xterm with -vv (canola -vv) and then go to canola and try to check and uncheck (EYE with V is checked ) the music folder on your mmc1 (removable card) and just to make sure if the second one appears do that on the second one too... and send us what appears in that moment in the log?

Thanks!