Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Same question I ask you. If you let them do it for you again and again, why would you blame me for pointing that out again and again?
This is too broadly applicable. Too many companies have gotten away with promising one thing, delivering another, abusing any loyalty that's awarded to them and generally stringing along people in subsequent, minor updates and/or false deliverables.

Simply stated, you'd be pointing out every single bit of commercial products around you far too often to be productive.

Perhaps a different approach is necessary.

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Question is: what should they tell, if there is nothing to tell ATM?
Transparency could be a running dialogue as opposed to reports when there's something to be said. But Jolla - really it's quite rare for any company to be that transparent - doesn't seem to operate as such despite our protests.

I'd' say the silence is warranted until there is something to state. And unless each individual gets exactly what they want; nothing will satisfy everybody. If they deliver the tablets, "What took you so long?" and if they do partial shipments "How will you choose who gets theirs?" and if they do not ship them "I want my money back"... I really do not see a solution for them since they have failed in their original endeavors.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Question is: what should they tell, if there is nothing to tell ATM?
How could they not have something to say ATM?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Same question I ask you. If you let them do it for you again and again, why would you blame me for pointing that out again and again?
Simple solution for you and many others. Do not buy their products and move on. The rest, wait and see...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How could they not have something to say ATM?
There's a lot of reasons. No answer at this moment will make any customer - present and future - happy.

Jolla is in a position that I just do not envy. Worse, I've no solution that I could think of that doesn't require even more money. All other scenarios I can think of will invariably anger the masses.

And coming clean will not be enough either. We all know that they gambled... and lost. Sadly their loss meant we lost too.

I'm not defending Jolla. I just can actually think outside of myself and not sure what I'd do in their position either.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There's a lot of reasons. No answer at this moment will make any customer - present and future - happy.

Jolla is in a position that I just do not envy. Worse, I've no solution that I could think of that doesn't require even more money. All other scenarios I can think of will invariably anger the masses.

And coming clean will not be enough either. We all know that they gambled... and lost. Sadly their loss meant we lost too.

I'm not defending Jolla. I just can actually think outside of myself and not sure what I'd do in their position either.
So why say send the Twitter message and comments in the blog if you don't have something you want to say?

It's blog/info is around the corner and then ...nothing to say?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Simple solution for you and many others. Do not buy their products and move on. The rest, wait and see...
I have a Jolla phone, I ordered and would like a Jolla Tablet. I have poor eyesight and there are things I can see better on a tablet than a phone. My old Android Tablet died many months ago.

Now if Jolla had said months ago - sorry no tablets, no refunds, bye thanks for all the fish (sorry mixing my memes)

I would have been very annoyed, BUT I would have been able to draw a line in the snow and go out and buy another Android tablet.

It is the constant "soon" that is really starting to p*** me off. Each month we are told next month, so I wait, next month, so I wait.

At what point do I say "f*** em" and just go and buy a new Tablet?

Im not a fanboy(girl) Im not a "hater", Im just a "user",- or I would like to be, I would like to use a Jolla tablet, but I cant.

Im looking at new android tablets everyday, and seeing the benefits of a non existent (for me) tablet melting away like snow in the midday sun.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
It is the constant "soon" that is really starting to p*** me off. Each month we are told next month, so I wait, next month, so I wait.

At what point do I say "f*** em" and just go and buy a new Tablet?
Do it today.

I hate to say it (as I wanted a Jolla tablet too), but Jolla is in a terrible position right now. It has (temporarily for now!) gone bankrupt, it has failed to meet its commitments both to partners (making the hardware) and customers (wanting to receive the hardware), and has lost something like half its employees the last I've heard.

Even should they be able to get everything back to where they were early last year, their tablet hardware is now aging, they lack the resources and the staff to make any improvements, and they also lack the staff and the resources to provide anything like an adequate level of support.

Really, I don't see Jolla as any longer being able to continue using the business plan they started with. At this point, they've lost all their resources and momentum. If Jolla wishes to continue into the future with any sort of success, it essentially needs to reinvent itself, and come up with an entirely new plan (and find new resources!) for how it will use Sailfish...

Anyway, yeah, whatever they manage to do to wrap a bow on the tablet project, Jolla really is in no position now to either complete it satisfactorily or to give it any future attention.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So why say send the Twitter message and comments in the blog if you don't have something you want to say?

It's blog/info is around the corner and then ...nothing to say?
They have a plan but they don't want to tell us before they are ~99% sure they can actually implement it.

Originally Posted by att View Post
They have a plan but they don't want to tell us before they have ~99% guarantee they can actually implement it.
Wait, are you saying that Jolla will tell us the truth this time?

Jolla implement something? Sounds good to me but I remain skeptical...ni we should be only a corner away

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-26 at 16:13.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Transparency could be a running dialogue as opposed to reports when there's something to be said. But Jolla - really it's quite rare for any company to be that transparent - doesn't seem to operate as such despite our protests.
It could. It just demands a lot from receiving side also, which is something especially this community despise as an idea ("nothing can be demanded from community ever in any way"-attitude). In a sense they tried kind of running dialogue approach by giving out information about their intentions and plans but so far it has only resulted in backlash and constant demands of only accurate and full information instead of something incomplete which stems up loads of speculation. And of course accusations of broken promises when "we're thinking about it" is taken as concrete promise. It has been like that since from the beginning, so changing to silence until everything is agreed, set up and polished wouldn't be surprising move at all. That's what I would definitely do.

I'd' say the silence is warranted until there is something to state. And unless each individual gets exactly what they want; nothing will satisfy everybody. If they deliver the tablets, "What took you so long?" and if they do partial shipments "How will you choose who gets theirs?" and if they do not ship them "I want my money back"... I really do not see a solution for them since they have failed in their original endeavors.
Most likely. Fortunate part is that this will likely be the last one on device manufacturing as it will most likely cease completely. Hopefully Intex et al. can do it better.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund