Well I doubt they're lying.

We've confirmed with Jolla that Turing either has or is pursuing a licensing agreement for their Sailfish OS to be used on Turing's upcoming smartphone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
UPDATE: 2016/02/04 9:30AM PST
We've confirmed with Jolla that Turing either has or is pursuing a licensing agreement for their Sailfish OS to be used on Turing's upcoming smartphone.
Well, but this is just some statement from some guy on some internet platform.
So if the elk with the red blinking nose sings: 'please enter your CC number and pin and I'll bring you loads of presents' you do believe him, too???

What I find again -let's say- 'strange' is that our Unlikes are not coming up soon with a statement like: ' this may be true but we cannot say right now' (so wait for a few weeks/month and then it will be solved/answered by itself).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Android Police are generally pretty reliable. I can't see any sane reason they'd make it up - it's hardly a career making scoop.

edit - an interesting comment from the author:

David Ruddock AP Staff [...] • 4 days ago
Scam is not the word I'd use here, nothing I've seen or heard convinces me of any malicious or willfully dishonest intentions. And I have little doubt a physical device exists - they've demoed them up and running, albeit without any of their promised software, just AOSP Android.

The words that come to mind for me are "dangerously optimistic," "irresponsible," "naive," and "inexplicably overconfident."

Last edited by MikeHG; 2016-02-06 at 08:44.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
edit - an interesting comment from the author:

David Ruddock AP Staff [...] • 4 days ago
Scam is not ...

The words that come to mind for me are "dangerously optimistic," "irresponsible," "naive," and "inexplicably overconfident".
That is just another interpretation?
[Which I am going to accept anytime by each garage self-made maker. But from a company up for more than 3 years???]

But this is Dave999's scope so see this as OT and not written by me

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I think I'm going to assume from now on that this whole thread is an elaborate in-joke.

I haven't figured out on what level, or who the victim is. But if I walk away smiling it can't be me, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
I think I'm going to assume from now on that this whole thread is an elaborate in-joke.

I haven't figured out on what level, or who the victim is. But if I walk away smiling it can't be me, right?
Your assumtion is pretty accurate.
This thread is only speculations and a joke. Nothing wrong with that. There is no victims here, not yet. So keep walking, keep smiling.

Have a nice day!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
TRI has just reiterated the previous letter on their Facebook page. They are mentioning a store, but from the wording it sure is not the Play one Everything else is more of the same.

https://www.facebook.com/turingrobot...84477098265479

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Signed: "Turing Phone Team | Turing Robotic Industries, Finland".

Wait, is Turing Phone Finnish? Didn't know that.

From an older press release: "Turing Robotic Industries is headquartered in San Francisco, California with the Turing Phone division in Helsinki, Finland."

According to YTJ (Finnish business information system), there's a registered company Turing Robotic Industries Oy. Its hometown is Salo (where Nokia used to manufacture phones). The postal address is c/o Asianajotoimisto Intressi Oy, a (one-man?) law firm specialized in mergers, tax matters, corporate law and contracts...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Aha ha...the scam continues...

I think Nokia is behind this.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
sure Dave.....

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone