Active Topics

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
http://shop.jolla.com/eu_en/cat-jolla/jolla-1.html still for sale...
its what am using now, its performance is no n5, but it feels more polished to me

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Has anything been announced that's truly noteworthy to any of you yet?
Sony X series. Apparently it's their mid range but the specs are higher than the current Z series in many ways. Could be a nice sweetspot.

Also Sony announcing mainline kernel support for Xperia devices. http://developer.sonymobile.com/2016...peria-devices/ which could have implications for other Linux based operating systems/platforms.

edit: Just seen pricing for the X series. If it's official prices, Sony have successfully found their feet in a gun aiming incident. Ugh. XA = €299, X = €599, XPerformance = €699 and not available in the UK. Only the performance is water resistant, which is essential for me. Not really mid range prices.

Last edited by aegis; 2016-02-23 at 13:35.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Sony X series. Apparently it's their mid range but the specs are higher than the current Z series in many ways. Could be a nice sweetspot.

Also Sony announcing mainline kernel support for Xperia devices. http://developer.sonymobile.com/2016...peria-devices/ which could have implications for other Linux based operating systems/platforms.
What implications are you talking about and what OS?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
No Jolla girls? No Jolla presence...where is stskeeps?
Intex stand, had the first duty of the day, spent rest of time at booth. Around 11-13 today if anybody wants to chat.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What implications are you talking about and what OS?
Really? That's not obvious?

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:

edit: Just seen pricing for the X series. If it's official prices, Sony have successfully found their feet in a gun aiming incident. Ugh. XA = €299, X = €599, XPerformance = €699 and not available in the UK. Only the performance is water resistant, which is essential for me. Not really mid range prices.
Yep, wouldn't really expect anything less from Sony, and they seem to be puzzled as to why they can't make any ground in the smartphone market.

I see the X performance as a baby flagship, they've reeeeaaaaally neutered the battery on that. Waaay too small. If they think of it as an actual flagship the Z6 better not come with the same capacity battery otherwise I would be really miffed. (mainly because I've decided to wait till that comes out to make a decision), as there isn't a phone out at the moment, that comes out in the UK that I would like to buy to replace my Nexus 5.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
As obvious as it might be. I dont assume to know what other poeple mean. Feel free to give your view.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Intex stand, had the first duty of the day, spent rest of time at booth. Around 11-13 today if anybody wants to chat.
I would Love too but my duty is elsewhere. If you happens to meet anyone from Jolla. Please tell them to post the the delay blog post of the 560 tablets + refunds. Thx. Have a great MWC.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
To cut to the chase, I think this means that Sony phones will be able to run Sailfish without an Android kernel, without libhybris, along with proper linux in general.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
To cut to the chase, I think this means that Sony phones will be able to run Sailfish without an Android kernel, without libhybris, along with proper linux in general.
this is a rather large maybe at this point, i believe locusf is giving it a go at the moment but im not sure how much success he is having with it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post: